What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on Gottlieb Waterworld?

Alpha1

Site Supporter
Alias
Alpha1
I've got one that I'm just going through, but I've never played it. Playfield looks interesting.

What's everyone's opinion of it?

Never played the pinball but I remember the movie coming out, being mega budget and getting absolutely slated. I recently re-watched it and kinda enjoyed it. It's pure 90's tosh! Be interested to hear what the game is like

What Huggers said. I enjoyed the movie, never played the game. Pretty low numbers game I think

Had a few games at Pinball Hall of Fame. Thought OK, like I thought Stargate was... but goddam awful sound and music. All the later Gottliebs suffer this pinball crime.

Never played the pinball but I remember the movie coming out, being mega budget and getting absolutely slated. I recently re-watched it and kinda enjoyed it. It's pure 90's tosh! Be interested to hear what the game is like
A movie so bad.. it's actually quite good.

Hardly see them over here ... Tobin was hawking one *forever* on ebay, but as is often the case rarity can equal interest but not always much value.

I played it on Pinmame years ago just to check it out - wasn't horrendous, wasn't great .....pretty forgettable. No ramps which is quite unusual for a mid 90s game.

I think real life opinions on it range from 'its utter sh*t' to 'its *alright*'

Shame really, I dig these discarded 90's themes. Stargate, Space Jam (sorta), Congo, X-Files, Apollo 13, Twister etc. Very much my era in the arcades

Actually played it quite a bit. There is one in a hotel in Portugal (that and Dr Who/Cirque Voltaire) which I go to nearly every year. Good ball lock up the middle and pretty easy. Not the deepest rules but fun to play. Some interesting shots.

I see the main toys is the spinning scoop thing in the centre of the table and there appears to be those mechanisms from Stargate that lift up and allow the ball through

Back
Top Bottom