What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK, Most Overrated Pinball Machine

TNA. It's OK but Pins have improved massively since the 1980s.
I have a place in my heart for TNA. One of the first pins I truly enjoyed cohesively.
But for me it's not one I struggle to stop playing after a few games and move onto another pin whenever I'm at republic.

As this is about games being overrated, they would have to sit high on ratings to be in the category. TAF and TZ have very high ratings yet are 30 years old so pretty fair to be considered overrated by folks who didn’t like them.

Out of all of them for me TAF, just didn’t do it for me and I had a nice restored one here.
Another was Tron, prefered Avatar that was next to it here.

TAF and TOTAN. Also TZ.

TNA is actually underrated. It’s probably the best modern reimplementation of a single-level pin out there, and the definition of simple-to-learn-hard-to-master, but all the people who don’t get it bring down the Pinside ratings. Heck, it’s rated below TOTAN and Toy Story 4, which are trying to be something that they don’t deliver - TNA delivers the thing it’s trying to deliver, even if not everyone appreciates it.

@VeeMonroe, I could argue that people dont get TAF and TZ but it is personal taste. Every pin I have been told was better than TAF hasn’t lit the spark for me.
We all have a bias to what we want and like.

@VeeMonroe, I could argue that people dont get TAF and TZ but it is personal taste. Every pin I have been told was better than TAF hasn’t lit the spark for me.
We all have a bias to what we want and like.
Yes, but that’s going to go for everything on a thread about ‘overrated’ and ‘underrated’ pins, right? :)

TAF and TZ are great, but I personally don’t think they’re worth the asking price above lots of other stuff from that era (or other eras), which is probably the definition of overrated. TAF, especially, has a huge nostalgia market :)

Back
Top Bottom