What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh ****

Yep have Jib and Jab.
Wife been ill past few days but she won’t go for a test( she been jibjabbed too

With the government seeming expecting us to have a million cases per week in a month or so, we’d better get used to it.

Hang on, now it seems they’re going to get rid of the need to isolate unless you’ve actually got a positive test.

I’m increasing convinced I’m living in the Twilight Zone, or a very poorly written political satire.

Wish you luck Col. I had to deal with this a couple of weeks ago despite two negative PCR tests

It’s mad it’s turned my routine upside down, just spoke to work they done want me there for 8 days and do I tell the school and keep Gabe off I’ve no idea. It may actually be him that has caused it as his teacher has it.
The bloke 2 doors away has just had to isolate with his whole family as his son tested positive and they rang him every other day to speak to each and every one of them.

It’s mad it’s turned my routine upside down, just spoke to work they done want me there for 8 days and do I tell the school and keep Gabe off I’ve no idea. It may actually be him that has caused it as his teacher has it.
The bloke 2 doors away has just had to isolate with his whole family as his son tested positive and they rang him every other day to speak to each and every one of them.

At this stage your son would still be ok to go to school as he is a ‘contact of a contact’ (ie: you). If your phone pings today, and says isolate for 9 days that means you came into contact, or checked in somewhere yesterday with someone who has registered a positive test on the app and that person has selected yesterday as the date of the test or symptoms.
If it said isolate for say 6 days, that means the same as above the the person with the positive test has selected 4 days ago as the start of symptoms or test date.
You can basically work out where you checked in or who you came in contact with as the isolation time is 10 days (from the date the positive app user selected as the start date) - hope that makes sense.
I’ve had lots of time off work due to track & trace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above your son doesn’t need to isolate unless you test positive.

It’s absolutely ripping through schools again at the moment.

We had a few cases last week and now all of year 12 have been stuck in self isolation.
May least 3 of my yr10s are also positive but as of yet the whole year group still haven’t been isolated. We’ll be lucky to make it until the end of next week 😢

forgot to say if you’re wife’s getting tested she needs to push for the PCR test and not just use your sons lateral flow ones. My colleague is currently positive but still comes up negative on the LFTs. They really aren’t very reliable. (I guess they are really more of an early indication if people are doing mass testing).

This is why HMG are adapting the policy to be more focused on positive tests rather than someone walked past your location and it setting thr t&t off - there has also been a rise of people deleting the NHS app so they don’t get a notification that they have to isolate!

The bubble approach to schools was mad to begin with - make the vax mandatory get all the teachers vaccinated and bin the bubbles keep the kids who test positive at home for a few days and job done.

You don’t want the vax? Ok cool you live at home forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As above your son doesn’t need to isolate unless you test positive.

It’s absolutely ripping through schools again at the moment.

We had a few cases last week and now all of year 12 have been stuck in self isolation.
May least 3 of my yr10s are also positive but as of yet the whole year group still haven’t been isolated. We’ll be lucky to make it until the end of next week 😢
It's the little swines faking the tests with cordial to get off school :/

(Not saying your kids are up to this mind)

You don’t want the vax? Ok cool you live at home forever.
Had a ‘discussion‘ with my son in law about not having the vaccination, I told him you carry on listening to the idiots and I will listen to the experts!
Shortly after that my daughter got hers😂

If you work in a school setting etc and don’t get vaccinated you really are playing with fire. We’ve got several people with really bad long term COVID. Our head had been out since Easter and is in a really poor way. Her deputy caught it at exactly the same time and had what she described as a mild cold. It’s such a lottery.

The government seem incapable of taking on board what works in one age setting isn’t right for another. The approach in primary should be separate to the approach for sixth form. (See also the craziness of locking down in jan and then expecting thousands of teenagers to attend exams the next morning)

My fear is under the new system kids simply won’t test. I guess we’ll find out in sept.
Something does need to change though as the bubble system has far too many kids self isolating for no real gain.

If you work in a school setting etc and don’t get vaccinated you really are playing with fire. We’ve got several people with really bad long term COVID. Our head had been out since Easter and is in a really poor way. Her deputy caught it at exactly the same time and had what she described as a mild cold. It’s such a lottery.

The government seem incapable of taking on board what works in one age setting isn’t right for another. The approach in primary should be separate to the approach for sixth form. (See also the craziness of locking down in jan and then expecting thousands of teenagers to attend exams the next morning)

My fear is under the new system kids simply won’t test. I guess we’ll find out in sept.
Something does need to change though as the bubble system has far too many kids self isolating for no real gain.

and that same system is hitting normal workers. A friend at another company had to have 80 people isolate because of 1 postitive test. After testing the other 80 only one more positive test but the rest of them still have to self isolate even though they have negative tests- mental.

The vaccination doesn't stop you catching this, it just helps to make sure you survive it - so folks better get use to the fact that at some point you are going to catch it. If you don't like that go live in a cave - I'm done with living in a cave personally speaking. With a few careful considerations we can live with this. Kids are tough John no doubt about it and agree about not being vaccinated. But at three vaccination points near me they have more vaccination appointments than people coming for it. Government needs to do something about that - I'm all for the army on the streets with dart guns and hoses; doing gods work of cleaning the smelly and vaccinating the stupid.

Neil.

Been there done that (many months ago when people were fully complying with social distancing and mask wearing), because I hadn't turned the T&T off at work (as advised).
A member of staff also hadn't turned her T&T off and sat outside my office having her lunch. She later became ill, and tested positive. So the proximity, even though there was a wall between us, and time spent near each other (about 20mins) meant it triggered the alert.
Work were insistent that I obeyed the isolation period, despite a perfectly logical explanation as to how it had been triggered.

Interesting to see the advice is slightly different between mine and Col's.

Ironically I've been laid up in bed with flu for the last 5 days, having ventured out a lot more the last couple of weeks, to a couple of restaurants and the cinema.

I took a LAMP test in work Monday which came back Covid negative.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210707-090049_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210707-090049_Gallery.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 9
I had to isolate for around a week on at least three different occasions late last year.
The app certainly got me time off work but was boring as hell stuck at home with no-one.

One of the difference between schools and other workplaces at the moment is that in a normal office most people you meet should have been vaccinated. (We can debate whether or not they have been).

In a secondary school most biological adults you meet won’t have been vaccinated. So I guess they either consider reducing vaccination age below 18 or go for some form of herd immunity and rely on symptoms being mild in younger adults.

gavin is toast. there still isn’t a backup plan to cover lost content for the current yr10s/12s which is shocking. Next years exams can’t go ahead as normal but instead of reducing content last autumn the govt are still dithering. I’m lucky that I teach a subject that you don’t need much grounding in prior to sixth form I shudder to think how the STEM subjects will cope with the new Yr12s in sept.

given there’s no will to enforce mask wearing etc on the tubes/trains I can’t see the government having the balls to make vaccinations compulsory.

We got this (me 'n' the misses) just as we were off for a paid up week in a cottage with friends.

Our daughter who's living with us didn't have the message so we had to isolate from her too. Friday night when we like to have a "posh" dinner we had a zoom meal together with her sealed off in her room!

Not happy but worse has happened for us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom