Occasional blank page

Durzel

Oct 1, 2017
Bath, UK
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it's the only website I currently have it happening on, but sometimes when I go to http://www.pinballinfo.com I get a blank white page. It's as if no data is being loaded at all (I get a normal HTTP 200 status code).

Anyway just thought I'd pass it along in case you wanted to check the logs :) I had it happen twice a couple of minutes ago, and simply refreshing the page fixed it.

OP
OP
Durzel

Durzel

Oct 1, 2017
Bath, UK
I'm using Firefox (also on a Mac) for what it's worth - so not a common browser there.

It doesn't happen often, but enough that I've remembered it being "a thing". Basically, the worst kind of bug. :(

I managed to get it to do it a minute ago with the web developer tools open, and it showed me that the response was simply empty (0 bytes) but that the HTTP status code was 200 (OK). Normally when I see a completely blank page it's because there has been an internal server error.

OP
OP
Durzel

Durzel

Oct 1, 2017
Bath, UK
Pretty sure this isn't a problem with the website now, as I have experienced the exact same behaviour on several other websites at different times. Probably some combination of browser addon or local network issue.

Paul R Owen

Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2011
Pretty sure this isn't a problem with the website now, as I have experienced the exact same behaviour on several other websites at different times. Probably some combination of browser addon or local network issue.
This. My Lumia phone does this regularly on various sites.