What's new

Nut Driver Set

Bought a couple of sets of these. I know they are really cheap but I found the yellow driver wears down really quickly. Bought a magnetic one from PBH to replace it. Still worth buying the whole set though as you'll need different sizes.

Been meaning to ask this question for a while. Not only this but what essential tools do you need to pinball maintenance?

A magnet on a stick to poke into little holes
Screw drivers, mostly cross but some flat heads
Ruin a flat head by cutting a groove into it to make a leaf switch adjuster
Solder sucker
Solder iron
A magnetic pot to hold all the screws
Torch

This list could get into the obscure things I bought to test them out but off the top of my head, those are the basic.

A magnet on a stick to poke into little holes
Screw drivers, mostly cross but some flat heads
Ruin a flat head by cutting a groove into it to make a leaf switch adjuster
Solder sucker
Solder iron
A magnetic pot to hold all the screws
Torch

This list could get into the obscure things I bought to test them out but off the top of my head, those are the basic.

And a multi-meter ;)

hi all,

Can't seem to find the 'coloured ones' mentioned above?

I have the red Nielsen ebay set, but find the lack of depth on the head sometime frustrating on long threads and the lack of magnetism a little frustrating in tight situations.

Are these the only imperial set in the UK? PBH's prices are a little steep for the set @ £8.12 per tool.

cheers,
Paul.

These are the ones a lot of us use and they are good, the question is if you get the updated replacement that doesn't have the colours.

i did :( they were all orange - makes it a pain when using several.... Colour coded ones are much better as you tend to remember that the xxxxx colour one is the 1/4" etc etc...

we could always stick different coloured dots on the end or write the socket size on the handle with a Sharpie...

I just bought a 6 pack of different coloured electricians tape from poundland.

Job done.

yeah, i'm so used to the colours that i taped coloured paper onto a set of imperial spanners i bought. never really use any apart from the yellow - grey - green though, but i still got them all coloured up to match. as John said above, the yellow socket driver gets reamed out and needs replacing, however luckily this is the same size as the standard holder for many socket kits, so i didn't need to buy a new set for that one.

lack of magnetism a little frustrating in tight situations.

If you've got a magnet on an extendable stick then you can use that in combination with a nut driver to make it magnetic. Just stick the magnet to the nut driver shaft and it'll magnetise the driver enough to hold onto a nut/screw.

"significantly not as described"...... and the fact the seller has changed the picture kind of justifies it. Ebay will have a record of the photo being changed...

I've just ordered a single 1/4" Klein nut driver from this company as it's the one i have most difficulty with dropping screws all over the place. It's also the best price i could find as CPC wanted a 1-off US stock £15 postage charge.

Nut Driver Hollow Magnetic 1/4 In 6 In KLEIN TOOLS 64614M

Bit pricey @ £13, and i realise it's a fiver more than the Pinball Heaven option which i deemed too expensive, but it's the longer 6" shaft version (snigger) which is probably more useful.

Pinball Machine UK - Tools - Pinball Heaven - Pinball machines for sale, plus machine parts, tools & manuals

If you've got a magnet on an extendable stick then you can use that in combination with a nut driver to make it magnetic. Just stick the magnet to the nut driver shaft and it'll magnetise the driver enough to hold onto a nut/screw.
or rest it on the cab speaker magnet for a few seconds, does the same job

Posted this yesterday, it got lost in the site crash/restore, so posting again;

£2.69 for an electric screwdriver adapter (bottom right option).

This will come in very handy for me over the coming months...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321233695790

4pc Magnetic Nut Driver set 1/4" Shank

Sizes:-

1/4" (6mm), 5/16 (8mm), 3/8 (10mm), & 7/16 (11mm)

Magnetic Hex Nut Drivers designed and engined for long life and good durability for operating

The bell-shape and magnetic hex insert socket allow the bit to hold the nut securely in place for quicker installations

Back
Top Bottom