What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nudging

idchappy

Registered
Anyone got any tips for this, i've seen JB do it to his table but my conscience forbids me to slap another mans machine lol.

It's a weird one.

in arcades etc I used to slap and nudge them without thinking about it (rarely tilted though)

now I find I never nudge much (and the scores suffer) I'm not sure why as even on my own machines I don't do it.

i need to reset my head or something

Go easy, I hurt my hand last week pushing the ACDC about in the solid rock pub, the tilt lets you away with murder
still really hurts!

It's a weird one.

in arcades etc I used to slap and nudge them without thinking about it (rarely tilted though)

now I find I never nudge much (and the scores suffer) I'm not sure why as even on my own machines I don't do it.

i need to reset my head or something
Yeah i think i need to do the same lol, maybe pretend the table it my mrs when she's ****ing me off (joke)

Go easy, I hurt my hand last week pushing the ACDC about in the solid rock pub, the tilt lets you away with murder
still really hurts!

I'm still getting used to 'Pinball Hand' after playing for about 45 mins :p

I'm no expert at nudging by a long shot but I do try and do it more and more so it becomes a natural reaction rather than something I have to think about. I find side slaps really useful for performing slap saves on centre drains and also popping the ball off walls (especially on orbits) to get the ball to return more to a flipper rather than head down the middle. The other key nudge for me is the up push when the ball is anywhere near the outlanes. I try and use this as early as possible to push the ball off the top of the slingshots and back into the middle of the table but if the ball is already down in the lanes then up pushes along with a bit of side nudging can be used to try and get it to choose the in lane. For me this is the hardest skill and I'm not very good at it yet, I seem to end up nudging the ball into the outlane more than the inlane :)

I think you hit the nail on the head about it becoming instinct Ronsplooter, by the time I've even thought about going for a nudge the ball is rolling down the side drain lol.

Back
Top Bottom