What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Nov 5, 2011] Northern Lights Pinball (Part of Replay) (Norbreck Castle Exhibition Centre)

Pin Loyalty Raffle

As a thank you to everyone who brings a pin to this years event (none

commercial pin loaners only) we are running a special thank you raffle.

For every pin brought the owner will be given a raffle ticket, you bring two

pins you get two tickets etc, The raffle will be drawn Saturday night at the

party and the winner will receive a pinball related prize as a thank you for

supporting us.

The raffle will include people who are loaning pins but are unable to attend.

Just got the tickets:) I've only got one voucher for the Pinball party - will that cover me for the two Replay tickets or should I have got two vouchers in the mail?

Thory' date=' post: 1678958 said:
Just got the tickets:) I've only got one voucher for the Pinball party - will that cover me for the two Replay tickets or should I have got two vouchers in the mail?

One voucher per order....

We have records of everyone who has purchased tickets and had vouchers.

See you there.

Can't wait.

Pinball Thru The Ages line up pretty much sorted

40 years of pins : )

Hope more buy tickets in advance

Remember pinheads that's the only way you can go to the night time do after 8pm.By buying the tickets before the show from NLP

This is gonna be cool :cool:

poibug

Gutted I'm going to miss this
sad-1.png
The more people are talking about it the more I want to go. Unfortunately it clashes with my dads 70th birthday and I don't think he'd be too impressed if I sacked it off to go and play pinball
smile-1.png

You could always bring your dad.. Saturday night could be his 70th and Pois 40th birthday party,,, so it would be a joint 110th bithday bash.

NLPS sees the return of the famous Poibugs Pinball Though The Ages Mini Pinball Museum which features Pinball machines from several eras, examples included show the development of pinball from its early days up to and including Pin 2K.

All machines are there to be played and are set on free play and will be accompanied by an article describing each machines characteristics.

PTTA will be sited in one of the large rooms off the main Pinball corridor,

Poibug will be more than happy to have a chat to you about the games on show and maybe give you a few tips on how to play them.
smile-1.png

Tickets purchased, hotel booked, wife staying at home with the kids for the weekend - good times!! See you there folks!
biggrin-1.png

teachp8' date=' post: 1679018 said:
Tickets purchased, hotel booked, wife staying at home with the kids for the weekend - good times!! See you there folks!
biggrin-1.png

That's the way to do it.
smile-1.png

Will there be anyone selling pinball parts at the show? Alternatively.. does anyone have (at least 1, preferably 2) legs to sell that I could pick up at the show?

We still have room for a few more pins, If you can bring any you will get a free weekend family pass, entry to the Saturday night party and entry to the thank you raffle with a pinball related prize.

If your up for a great weekend and can help out by bringing a pin please contact us either through the group, forum or site (www.ukpinball.com)

Thanks Guys

NLPS are proud to announce our Sunday Free entry childrens Comp kindly sponsored by PBS, who have provided a trophy which will be awarded to the child who gets the highest score during the day on a single machine, whos name we will announce on the day (only fair guys).

The compotition will run from 12 noon untill around 4pm with the winner being presented with his or her prize aound 5 on the main stage.

Entries will be taken from opening on the Sunday.

PBS who are launching on the 1st November have announced they will be on channel 166 on Sky, We are still waiting for info on Virgin.

They have also informed us that Special When Lit will be broadcast at 8pm avoiding a clash with our event and to give all you show attendees time to get back and watch it.

We still have a small number of places for the NBA comp on Saturday and very limited tickets for the Saturday night bash.

We hope to have at least one friendly but proper pinball comp that nights, entries will be taken on arival.

Wizcat' date=' post: 1680504 said:
Will there be anyone selling pinball parts at the show? Alternatively.. does anyone have (at least 1, preferably 2) legs to sell that I could pick up at the show?

Pinball Mania are sponsoring our main comp the NBA on Saturday and will be attending but Andy will not be having a stall.

But being the nice guy he is (no comments please) he has agreed that if anyone wants to order off him in advance he will bring the bits you want up with him for collection over the weekend, If you do order will you please let him know if it will be Sat or Sunday that you are coming.

Contact him through their site at

http://www.pinballmania.co.uk/

or email him direct at

pinballmania@btinternet.com

We still have a few spaces left in the NBA, the entry list will be open to first come first served on the Sat Morn.

Just entered the NBA Fastbreak Competition. I can't imagine for a moment I'll get through the first round but it should be good for a laugh if nothing else!

As my lad would say - 13 more sleeps!

sad-1.png
Can't believe I'm going to miss it
sad-1.png
Have fun all and can people take plenty of pics and create a user album so I can see what I missed.

Below are the latest additions to our raffle prizes.

2 * Ferrari Yearbooks 2006

1 * Ferrari Yearbooks 2008

2 * Ferrari Yearbooks 2009

2 * Ferrari / Shell V-power caps signed by Massa & Kimi Raikkonen

3 * Ferrari caps signed by Massa & Kimi Raikkonen

1 - Ducati Corsa Mug

2 - Ferrari glasses

Thanks Nigel.

SEVEN days to go.

Roll on next weekend.

Another fantastic prize for our raffle, Given to us by Nick Gough.

Nic collects film posters and has some great ones in his collection , and as we all know these posters can be worth a lot of money.

Nic has given us a very rare French version of the Quadrophenia poster, this is something you cannot buy and is very rare. As for value who knows, but the only place you will be able to win it it at the NLP raffle at this weekends show in Blackpool.

See pic.[attachment=225:quad french poster 001.jpg]

Special When Lit documentary is pick of the day in the Times mag this Saturday,, PBS are showing this to coincide with NLPS, it is airing at 8pm on the newly launched PBS channel, well worth watching and any channel thats good enough to support pinball must be great

Some more items that will be in the raffle at this weekends show.

Jersey Jack has very kindly sent over some promo items for us (Thanks Jack) to be raffled off.

We have the white tee (which was given out at the Pinball Party at this years show in Daventry) , and the new Black Tee which is brand new and was first seen at this years expo in the U.S. . Also we have been given fridge magnets and really cool bumper stickers.

Some pic's of the goodies.[attachment=228:jj items 003.jpg]

Pin deliveries

We will be setting up from Thursday onwards, most are coming Friday afternoon

but we will be there from around 9am untill late both days, there will be people

there to help anyone unload, delivery is down the street at the side of the

Norbreck, nearest to Blackpool, into the car park and bear to the right to a

doorway leading onto a corridor.

If you pull up there and give one of us a shout we will come and help you unload, I

dont know where anyone is staying (under a pin is Poibugs favourite place) but the

hotels we chose are on the front near where you turn up the street.

We are tying to arrange it so the people who are coming a long way are at one

end of the corridor so that we can rope it off early Sunday so they can pack up and set

off before the actual show ends at seven, were hoping that they will wait until

around 4 when we will be drawing the raffle.

Either way we appreciate the support and will help anyone who needs it pack up and load so they

can get on their way at a decent time.

If anyone has any more questions please feel free to ask them but internet acess

will be very limited from Wed onwards.

Also please remember that its the last weekend of the illuminatons and the front

will be very busy, if your coming at night avoid the promenade if possible, I

think theres also a big firework display on one night.

Have a safe journey and we look forward to seeing you there.

NLPS

I have a spare ticket for Sunday 6th. If anyone knows anyone that can make use of it... let me know soon so that I can post it out.

More thanks go out to more of the people that have helped us by donating stuff for our raffle.

right here goes, Many thanks to Sir Squires who allways helps out by surporting not only our show but all three held in the U.K. . Mark has kindly donated a Nokia phone for us to raffle, Thanks Mark.

Many thanks to Adrian Donati for the many fantasy figuers that he has donated.

A big thanks to Clayton at Steam (makers of "Special when lit") for two copys of the film as well as a large and a small movie poster.

Big thanks to Cliffy for the coloured post sleves and a T shirt.

A great big thanks to Cointaker (the LED people) who gave us two T shirts as well as a voucher for $50 of LED bulbs.

Many thanks to Phill at Pinball Heaven for the Novus and Milwax.

More to follow tomorrow.

Pic's of some of the prizes below.

[attachment=235:raffle items 007.jpg]

[attachment=234:raffle items 004.jpg]

We will be dropping pins off from Thursday if thats any help to pin loaners.

NLPS tickets

There will be no tickets posted out from today...

However you can still purchase them along with NBA entry, make sure you include your mobile number in the comments section.

Bring along a print out of your paypal reciept as proof of purchase and one of the pinball guys will meet you outside with your tickets as well as your Sat night entry voucher.

Pics of the pinball 'corridor' taken tonight. About a dozen more to arrive and it's all set for tomorrow.

[attachment=239:picture 006.jpg]

Just wanted to say well done to all those invoved in putting the pinball alley together. Great spread of different games and I really enjoyed playing some of the older stuff I'd never seen before. That Pinbot voice is legend!

We had an awesome time.

Thanks to everyone involved for all their hard effort, both days (and the Saturday night jam) were really cool.

Hope you all enjoyed it too
smile-1.png

Bit of duplication from the 'NLP Thanks' thread of the general forum but felt suitable to place here a collection of clips from the Sunday event:

We have very limited numbers of the white NLPS T shirts that were on sale at the show, great reminder of this excellant and fun event.

L and XL only im afraid

ten pounds delivered.. pm me off group for details[attachment=262:livepreview.jpg]

Back
Top Bottom