What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Nov 18, 2011] Irish Open 2011 (Limerick, Ireland)

Moonraker

Site Supporter
This may well be the last ever weekend of Irish Open pinball, beer & pizza!

To read about last year's event, visit http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/irishpinballopen2010/index.html

There will be 15-20 pinball machines on freeplay.

Entry for the weekend is £10 or €10 and goes towards the hot and cold food and drinks available throughout the weekend.

This year's pinball line-up will include:

Monster Bash

Jack*Bot

Funhouse

Party Zone

Indianapolis 500

Dirty Harry

Apollo 13

No Fear

Defender

Black Hole (US Version)

Firepower

Rollergames

Genie

New Canasta x 2

Playboy (Bally)

Space Invaders

Baywatch

+ others TBA

Pinball News will again be organising the Irish Pinball Open on the Saturday - with WPPR points on offer.

There will also be the Irish Pinball Classic on the Friday evening, for pre-DMD games. Again, there will be WPPR points on offer.

Accommodation

There are B&B's available in the area, but most people tend to stay at the nearby Ballycannon Lodge. The breakfasts there are legendary!!

[url]http://www.ballycannonlodge.com/[/URL]

The special rates for us are £40 per night B&B for a single room or £60 per night for a Twin/double room B&B (£30 per person sharing)

To book direct, call Mary on +353 87 681 1637

There are also other hotels and B&Bs in the area - just ask me for more details.

Also, I have plenty of space in my house so if you don't mind sleeping on the floor, under a pinball machine, on the couch, etc... then you are welcome to stay at my place!

Transport

By Air

Both Shannon and Kerry airports are around 40 miles away. There are bus links from both to virtually outside my door. Prices start from only £27.98 return, including taxes, so book fast to avoid disappointment!

As of today, these are some prices (including taxes) available for flying in on Friday 18th and returning on Sunday 20th:

Aer Lingus:

Birmingham to Shannon: £114.67

Bristol to Shannon: £118.35

Edinburgh to Shannon; £67.84

London Heathrow to Shannon: £85.70

Manchester to Shannon £81.03

Ryanair:

Liverpool to Shannon: £27.98

London Gatwick to Shannon: £79.31

London Stansted to Shannon: £27.98

London Stansted to Kerry £27.98 (Thur or Sat flights to Shannon only)

London Luton to Kerry: £58.98

By Boat

There are options to come over as a foot passenger on the ferries, with bus/train connections - however, the easiest and cheapest way is for 3-4 people to share a car journey over:

The following

Holyhead to Dublin with Irish Ferries: £406 (4 people in a car)

Pembroke to Rosslare with Irish Ferries: £346 (4 people in a car)

Holyhead to Dublin with Stena Line: £386 (4 people in a car)

Fishguard to Rosslare with Stena Line: £346 (4 people in a car)

Liverpool to Dublin with P&O Ferries: Should be £250-300 for 4 people in a car, but the website is down tonight!

So, if you need any further information or want to confirm your participation at this year's event, please post here in this thread and I will forward the information to Andy.

Back
Top Bottom