What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Not Pinball - Gauntlet original machine

Expired Due to no activity
You might want to google 'crunch overtime' before beating yourself up too much over career choices. But in terms of city jobs being better paid...Bedrooms to Billions is the documentary for you ;)

Largely a thing of the past tbh, we never did much in the 20yrs at T17. Its bad management or accepting shocking schedules. Or just being a **** team.. or the end goal constantly changing. I'm in that near the end grumbling about publishers :)

Thanks for the reminder! Been meaning to watch that documentary for ages. I watched INDIE GAME: THE MOVIE which confirmed that whilst being a game developer sounds incredibly cool, most of the time it's an obsessive occupation that doesn't pay too well. Still, to have had your hand in just on game like ALIEN BREED from back in the day must feel pretty cool. Like Hewson Consultants. I'm still playing Head Over Heels, albeit the stunningly well done PC conversion.

Sorry, @Flyte, really derailing your for sale thread :oops: At least we're keeping it visible in the New Posts list!

One thing your photos have made me notice that I hadn't noticed before about this game is the total lack of bezel or artwork around the monitor. To me, it looks like something's missing. So much so I even checked the original flyer to see if yours was missing something, but it isn't. Strange! Great looking cabinet though. Total classic.

flyers.arcade_museum.com_flyers_video_atari_11006901.jpg

For anyone not able to squeeze this into their collection can I highly recommend the superb modern homage to this game: HAMMERWATCH. Same idea but with multi-player across LAN and WAN, beautiful graphics with modern lighting effects. Check it out: http://www.hammerwatch.com/. And on sale at the moment for only $1.99!

Ahh Gauntlet. This was in the student bar when I was supposedly studying for my future. Gauntlet taught me my biggest lesson which was 'don't put the money you were keeping for your kebab on the way home in the Gauntlet machine '

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like Hewson Consultants.
Did you see them at Play Expo in Manchester? Have to admit I got a bit excited to meet Andrew Hewson after spending so many years playing the games his company put out. Grabbed a signed copy of his book (which is excellent) and had a little go on the new game they're publishing too.

Also, if you enjoyed From Bedrooms to Billions then make sure you check out their follow-up movie From Bedrooms to Billions:The Amiga Years. It's also superb and well worth a watch. I love me a good video game or pinball documentary.

Used to play this with my bro on the amstrad used to **** him right off casting spells so the doors would open and all the baddies come in lol

Back
Top Bottom