What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo 64 Collectors Club

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
Any folks on here collect for the Nintendo 64? Have got back into retro gaming recently and although I've always stuck to collecting just for the NES and Megadrive I thought I'd treat myself to an Ice Blue N64 for Christmas 😂

Any hidden gems that I should be looking out for? ? Absolute must haves? What are your top games?

Mario 64 is a must! It’s the one game that has aged really well from this era.

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is another great game!

Mario Kart 64 has not aged well!

Obviously Goldeneye is excellent too!

Ucchannanchan no Honō no Challenger: Denryū Iraira Bō

I really loved the Xena N64 game - it's a fighting game but you can tell the creators were fans of the show! It doesn't let you fight Xena and Gabrielle against each other, for example 😂

Also Pokemon Stadium is pretty fun too, if you have a Game boy version you can import your Pokemon into it which is a fun feature.

I really loved the Xena N64 game - it's a fighting game but you can tell the creators were fans of the show! It doesn't let you fight Xena and Gabrielle against each other, for example 😂

Also Pokemon Stadium is pretty fun too, if you have a Game boy version you can import your Pokemon into it which is a fun feature.
I remember playing the Pokemon stadium mini games on some weird arcade machine in a burger king as a kid, but looking back it was probably just an N64 in a cabinet made to look like an arcade machine 😂

I was never a massive console gamer but as above Mario kart, Zelda and goldeneye are the standouts for me.
Mates used to destroy me on goldeneye but what an awesome game for the time.

You should check out Forgotten Worlds. The store is in Stewarton (30 miles from Glasgow) but he delivers worldwide. Quite possibly the largest stockists of retro games and consoles in the UK. Has loads of N64 games. Link below to his facebook page (or just search forgotten worlds in facebook).

406644711_10161507398360775_6514426091796271298_n.jpg
406646265_10161507398350775_8808474395838913529_n.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
You should check out Forgotten Worlds. The store is in Stewarton (30 miles from Glasgow) but he delivers worldwide. Quite possibly the largest stockists of retro games and consoles in the UK. Has loads of N64 games. Link below to his facebook page (or just search forgotten worlds in facebook).

View attachment 239135
View attachment 239136View attachment 239140
That looks incredible, will check it out - thanks!

Not had an N64 for over 20yrs, back then I had a NTSC RGB US model. Not common games you should check out are Mystical Ninja Goemon and Sin & Pinishment, both are excellent games.

The other more common must have titles that come to mind are,

Goldeneye (obviously a masterpiece)
Zelda - Ocarina (obviously a masterpiece)
Diddy Kong Racing (may actually be better than Mario Kart)
Banjoo Kazooie (may actually be better than Mario 64)
F-Zero
1080 Snowboarding

Blast Corps is good fun too

For those that haven't seen it the GoldenEra docu/film is well worth a watch to see the development process of Goldeneye (and the history of Rare)
What is interesting about Goldeneye is they hid a Spectrum Emulator in the N64 Rom.

Mine came out the loft a while ago. I investigated upgrading the video out to HDMI but decided to leave it for now, but the picture is poor on a modern TV.
My copy of Goldeneye is a US import so I use an S-Video cable as it won't work well over the original component.

We had working:
  1. Goldeneye: US import, requires a bypass cartridge holder to boot off a UK cart
  2. Zelda - Ocarina
  3. Diddy Kong Racing (may actually be better than Mario Kart)
  4. Banjoo Kazooie (may actually be better than Mario 64)
  5. F-Zero
  6. Turok 1& 2
Shout me if you want to borrow any.

Mine came out the loft a while ago. I investigated upgrading the video out to HDMI but decided to leave it for now, but the picture is poor on a modern TV.
This is probably the most painful console to make look good on a modern TV without spending a fortune.

I've used an S-Video out, in to one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcbazel-Composite-S-Video-Component-Converter/dp/B0B2WFTDGF and from there into a GBS-C and it looks decent on a 4K TV.
But cost ~£110 all in, I use the setup for my other retro consoles though otherwise it's a pretty expensive undertaking, even more so if you go down the OSSC or RetroTink route.

Any folks on here collect for the Nintendo 64? Have got back into retro gaming recently and although I've always stuck to collecting just for the NES and Megadrive I thought I'd treat myself to an Ice Blue N64 for Christmas 😂

Any hidden gems that I should be looking out for? ? Absolute must haves? What are your top games?
Some lesser known decent games….
Fighters Destiny
Top Gear Rally
Beetle Adventure Racing
Sim And Punishment
Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey
Killer Instinct Gold

Nintendo stuff which is excellent…..
Paper Mario
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X
Zelda-Majora’s Mask
Mario 64

Loads of great games mentioned above. Outside of the obvious titles like Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 etc, I’d second Conkers, F-Zero X, both Banjo Kazooie games, Wave Race, Blast Corps and Mischief Makers.

Snowboard Kids and the sequel are great and often overlooked - think snowboarding crossed with Mario Kart.

Yoshi’s Story is very short and very easy, but it’s fun and the graphics were great for the time.

Wetrix is a fun and fairly unique puzzler.

Donkey Kong 64 doesn’t hold up as well as Mario 64 and Banjo but is still worth checking out if you have the expansion pack.

Also speaking of GoldenEye..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom