What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next meet of the Irish pinball league

BigIan

Site Supporter
Alias
ZIG
Hi,
The next meet of the Irish Pinball league season will be at Bens in Waterford, Southern Ireland, It will be held on Sunday 23rd April Practice is from 1pm until 3pm and the league games start at 3pm. Let me know if you are interested in attending. Address and directions can be sent to those who are not sure of the location.

If anyone would like to go and doesn't have transport let me know where you are traveling from and I will try and pair you up with someone that is traveling there and has space for extra passengers.
Likewise I f you are heading and have room for one or more passengers please let me know and I will try and get you a few passengers to share your fuel costs.
Machines available to play

Star Trek the next generation
Theatre of Magic
Whodunnit
And The Getaway High Score II

We already have a few locations lined up for this seasons league meets but if you are interested in hosting a meet please get in touch with me stating machines you have etc (more can be brought on the day by others if you are only have one or two machines)
If you know anyone that is interested in playing in the league please let them know about this next meet and, if they have email, tell them to email me to be kept up to date. Irish.pinball.league@gmail.com

Hosts will be offering some light refreshments and snacks on a voluntary basis. Anyone attending the meets can avail of these and all we ask is you give a few pounds or euros to the hosts to help cover their costs in providing the snacks. We are suggesting £2 (or €2) on top of the entry fee which is set at £2 (or €2). The contribution to the host goes fully to the host to cover the cost of refreshments, food, preparation etc

Last of all. Its really only an excuse to play some pinball with other pinball players.Its not really competitive even though it is played as a league. So if you fancy playing some pinball come along and have a bit of fun..

Hopefully see you there.

Regards
Ian

Could the Irish League please host its meetings in the English Midlands. They would be more convenient for me.

Thanks

Results in finishing order from Yesterdays meet at Lazer Steak HQ

Name: / Who Dunnit / Star Trek TNG / Theatre of Magic
Ian / 2,618,169,670 / 660,353,780 / 726,793,440
Dave / 1,401,697,270 / 303,182,320 / 482,041,420
Ben / 738,011,810 / 367,167,380 / 595,717,600
Keith / 1,079,970,500 / 240,742,410 / 186,025,770
Jenna / 902,981,200 / 202,913,020 / 221,587,350
Niamh / 267,864,800 / 82,225,070 / 130,450,150

Big thanks to Ben and Jenna for a great days pinball and Craic. The Numbers where still down but we are confident that they will grow again later in the year.

Games room is really coming together @jack burtonIMG_1320.JPG IMG_1322.JPG IMG_1321.JPG
just need some pruck put up on the walls now... thanks for hosting :thumbs:

edit:
Sorry for the crap formatting of the scores

Last edited:
Thanks for coming down lads. Yeah numbers were a bit slack but the only way is up. Last day of the mid term school break down here aswell so id say a lot of people were worn out or not bothered.

I must put up a few pictures of the gamesroom when its fully finished. Delighted with it now...in the words of @Cryptkeeper "Now you just need to fill it with ****e"

Sorry i didnt make it, i was raging, i was running in a race thing in wexford on sunday believe it or not. My timing is always terrible for these meet ups i think ive only gone to two so far.

The next meet of the Irish Pinball league season will be at Daves in Naas, Southern Ireland, It will be held on Sunday 2nd July,Practice is from 1pm until 3pm and the league games start at 3pm. Let me know if you are interested in attending. Address and directions can be sent to those who are not sure of the location.

If anyone would like to go and doesn't have transport let me know where you are traveling from and I will try and pair you up with someone that is traveling there and has space for extra passengers.
If you are heading and have room for one or more passengers please let me know and I will try and get you a few passengers to share your fuel costs.

The Machines available to play

Tales from the Crypt
White Water
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Star Trek The Next Generation
Space Station

We already have a few locations lined up for this seasons league meets but if you are interested in hosting a meet please get in touch, stating the amount of machines you have etc (more can be brought on the day if you only have one or two machines)
If you know anyone that is interested in playing in the league please let them know about this next meet and, if they have email, tell them to email me to be kept up to date.

Hosts will be offering some light refreshments and snacks on a voluntary basis. Anyone attending the meets can avail of these and all we ask is you give a few pounds or euros to the hosts to help cover their costs in providing the snacks. We are suggesting £2 (or €2) on top of the entry fee which is set at £2 (or €2). The contribution to the host goes fully to the host to cover the cost of refreshments, food, preparation etc

Last of all. Its really only an excuse to play some pinball with other pinball players, Its not really competitive even though it is played as a league. So if you fancy playing some pinball come along and have a bit of fun..

Hopefully see you there
Cheers
Ian

ukpinballleague_us16_list_manage_com_track_open_php_edcdb4f4841629948096e1f7d23ca7a9._.gif

All systems are go for Sunday.
Just about finished getting all the little niggley bits done in the machines.
Hopefully even have the juke box up and running for the first time in 6 months (fingers crossed)!

New sound system in the arcade too :)

It certainly is,
Still on the luck out for a new monitor.
I managed to hack together a working monitor from two different ones. Not a perfect picture but it's fine for most games.

Very successful day yesterday .
We had over 20 entries including the youngsters.
Fair few bottles drank and half a cow eaten :D

Thanks to those that came along!

Machine wise we had little to no trouble.
Sttng reset its self twice during the 6 hours and the upper flipper on Wh2o became weak after the first 2 hours (overheating I think).
Wh2o is very hard to score on when you cant make the insanity falls.:tut:

Hi,

The next meet of the Irish Pinball league season will be at Keiths in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, It will be held on Sunday 27th August Practice is from 1pm until 3pm and the league games start at 3pm. Let me know if you are interested in attending. Address and directions can be sent to those who are not sure of the location.

If you are heading and have room for one or more passengers please let me know and I will try and get you a few passengers to share your fuel costs.

The Machine: Bride of Pin-bot
Jack-bot
Dr Who
Starship Troopers
WWF Royal Rumble
Popeye Saves the earth
Hurricane

And hopefully Aerosmith

Also next month we will have the last meet of the season at Bens in Waterford on the 24th September so keep that date free, further details will be sent out closer to that date.

We already have a few locations lined up for next seasons league meets but if you are interested in hosting a meet please get in touch with me stating Location, the amount of machines you have etc (more can be brought on the day by others if you are only have one or two machines)

If you know anyone that is interested in playing in the league please let them know about this next meet and, if they have email, tell them to email me to be kept up to date irish.pinball.league@gmail.com (note dots between words)

Hosts are offering some light refreshments and snacks on a voluntary basis. Anyone attending the meets can avail of these and all we ask is you give a few pounds or euros to the hosts to help cover their costs in providing the snacks. We are suggesting £2 (or €2) on top of the entry fee which is set at £2 (or €2). The contribution to the host goes fully to the host to cover the cost of refreshments, food, preparation etc

Last of all. Its really only an excuse to play some pinball with other pinball players.Its not really competitive even though it is played as a league. So if you fancy playing some pinball come along and have a bit of fun..

Hopefully see you there.
Ian

Last meet in Naas at Butsy Towers
Butsies.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
The final meet of the season of the Irish Pinball league will be at Bens in Waterford, Southern Ireland, It will be held on Sunday 24th September. Practice is from 1pm until 3pm and the league games start at 3pm. Let me know if you are interested in attending. Address and directions can be sent to those who are not sure of the location.

Star Trek the next generation
Whodunnit
Theatre of Magic
And hopefully maybe another

We already have a few locations lined up for next seasons league meets but if you are interested in hosting a meet please get in touch with me stating Location, the amount of machines you have etc (more can be brought on the day by others if you are only have one or two machines)
If you know anyone that is interested in playing in the league please let them know about this next meet and, if they have email, tell them to email me to be kept up to date.
Hosts are offering some light refreshments and snacks on a voluntary basis. Anyone attending the meets can avail of these and all we ask is you give a few pounds or euros to the hosts to help cover their costs in providing the snacks. We are suggesting £2 (or €2) on top of the entry fee which is set at £2 (or €2). The contribution to the host goes fully to the host to cover the cost of refreshments, food, preparation etc

Hopefully see you there.

Regards
Ian

Thanks for the games yesterday. The last 3 years I have only played Star Wars trilogy so it was a nice change. Did not know the rules of the games well apart from aim for the flashing lights. C ya next year all going well. "Steve"

Yeah good day at lazer steak HQ

Good to meet you as well Steve although I didn't get to talk much.

I must have been try hard to come last (which I achieved)
Results are now up on the ukpinballleague website.

Good season this year although some meets where down in numbers. The craic was great at all the meets and some great machines and players.

Sounds like we might have a few more hosts next season (hopefully including myself) and we will be getting the word out to see if we can grow the numbers of players.
Big thanks to all the hosts for their hospitality. Butsys summer bbq was a particular highlight for me although all meets had a great selection of snacks etc

Also a great and varied selection of games this season ranging from the late 80s right up to this year, this is set to grow next year with a few new purchases hopefully making into the league pool for next season including a few EMs from the 70s and even the 60s :thumbs:

Already looking forward to next season, will post up details of the first meets once we sort out the logistics

Cheers all again for your support this year and hopefully here's to growth for next season

Ian

Back
Top Bottom