What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New York Pinball Championships

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
OK so strategies for the games with ** below please ? :)

Game list - subject to change:

[Classics]
-Stars
-Volley
-Top Score
-King Pin Gtb
-Williams Grand Prix
-Toledo
-Old Chicago
-Gorgar

[Main]
Iron Maiden
Iron man
Aerobeef
AFM
Genesis **
Firepower **
Dialed In
Sorcerer **
Time Fantasy **
Tommy **

[Women]
Black Pyramid
Hobbit
AFM 2
Stern KISS

On genesis, you collect body parts, each completed shot gives you a letter. Stick to orbits and ramps for safety. When you have all the letters of a body part, shoot the ramp thats flashing for multiball.

3 months too early for me.

I'll be in NYC for 3 weeks in August.

Let me know if you hear of any tournaments, or leagues for me to take a look at. Would be nice to be able to pick up some cheap WPPR points in the over-inflated tournaments over there. ;)

Pinballnyc.com three weeks in NYC though - that’s long!

Neil.

Pinballnyc.com three weeks in NYC though - that’s long!

Neil.
My sister lives over there, has done for nearly 30 years now, plus my dad's ticking things off his bucket list while he still has time, so I won't be a complete tourist for the 3 weeks.

PinballNYC website isn't kept up to date by the look of it.

My sister lives over there, has done for nearly 30 years now, plus my dad's ticking things off his bucket list while he still has time, so I won't be a complete tourist for the 3 weeks.

PinballNYC website isn't kept up to date by the look of it.

ah makes more sense!

are you missing pinfest ?

There is a lot going on pinball wise and league wise but it seems very local; heading down to sunshine tonight so will let you know what they have on.

so sunshine has a league every wednesday - i'm going to try and go down tonight.

Sunshine have a league every Wednesday and it’s matchplay which is so much better than the crappy high score system that a lot of compos use.

First warm up game on AFM! Holy **** they have waxed all the playfield and the speed of the ball is nuts!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180518_34be10b83f4f56be08c73f8918fdee52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lyman having another go at AFM

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180518_c1b804ed3f0b4cf9919e34218df8b04e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was looking like I might make the B but need a decent game on Dialed in 250K would do it but the game is set in bastard mode.
Would that result not make you the top UK player now and seeded #1 for daventry ?.

Longer story to tell but short version is - so at 23:30 I was out and needed a score of 300k on farking Dialed In to get back into the B. Second last game and I nailed 310,000 (which doesn’t sound a lot and it isn’t as I’ve had way more than that plenty of times but these machine were set super hard and had waxed playfields) - so at the end of the game it’s like 23:45 and i’m like yeh!!! Then with TWENTY FARKING seconds some cword gets a score on another game and boots me out by one damn point!

There is an outside chance if someone doesn’t turn up I’ll get to play but I seriously doubt it.

In any case it was an epic event and I’m really pleased against some lofty players I played well and am happy with how it went.

Finals will be on papapinball on YouTube!
Looks a blast!
What other sport do you have a chance to play with the best players in the world!
Can anyone qualify for A division?
Same question - could you have qualified for A division?
How awesome to play against Lyman Sheats, Bowen Kerins , Keith Elwin etc......

Back
Top Bottom