What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

...how do some people sleep at night, it beggars belief. In this modern day and age, with a connected internet society around the globe, people can't just 'disappear' and do the same again elsewhere quite so easily. That has to be a good thing.

...how do some people sleep at night, it beggars belief. In this modern day and age, with a connected internet society around the globe, people can't just 'disappear' and do the same again elsewhere quite so easily. That has to be a good thing.

I mean I'd certainly expect him to get a lot of backlash on facebook and such every time he makes a post. Angry pinheads don't tend to forget being shafted too quickly.

Can't say i'm surprised really. I feel for those that lost out on this, first and foremost.

The real fun begins when the courts get involved. And they will, most certainly. Hence his post stating "These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings".

Soon my son, soon.....

The account given by employees is quite staggering. Amazing to think that they even managed to get anything out of the door at this rate.

This made me laugh ....

'Andrew wanted a game with a 14-ball multiball in it for example, just so he could state that he broke Apollo 13's 'record' ' ......:rofl:

Little did he know that years before I had already shown my prototype ET The Pinball Adventure ..... which featured an incredible 19 ball Phone Home Multiball. Amateur :thumbs:

n_a (2).jpg

So who was the pinside who upvoted andys post?

Was there ever a glimpse of playboy? It would be interesting to see how they thought they could give it a more modern spin. Is it the fourth time it’s been licenced for a pin? Who was designing the pin2000 version?

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-t...all-new-info-on-elvira-3-iron-maiden-le-more/

Wow. Just insane reading what went on at Heighway. Get yrself a coffee and 'enjoy' :eek:

So Andy Highwayman talked bs and duped everyone I just don’t buy all that although dealing with Andy he is a nob

So he bs everyone the investors are so called successful business men it only takes a moment to goggle Andrew and go to company’s house to see he has a portfolio of insolvent businesses from many years back surely people must have done this

The staff as far back as 2014 where never getting paid on time and not in full so why stay just leave and get another job

Time after time Andrew was talking bs and 100s of broken promises yet people still want to throw money at him pay deposits and even pay in full people who did this must have been bonkers

Andrew doesn’t have a penny to scratch his ares I believe he rented his house which is not a mansion it is a **** house the Porsche looked good but was an old clapped out thing and I don’t think he got a massive payout

And the 3 pins that he least where bought outright wonder what happened to these I think twd sold out of hld show room

shocking. feel bad for the punters that lost money, but a quick background check and its clear that Heighway was nothing but a thieving bastard.

Ian must be feeling relief that his LE turned up!

plenty of people do that, hell there's plenty of group members that have done that!

I hope the potential investors in Australia research Andrew before investing any money in his hydrofoil venture. The whole thing is very concerning as the sales patter is alarmingly familiar. Is there much chance of business number 10 being a success?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Karma will be paying him a visit. Boats are the surest possible way to lose money....and Hydrofoils being the most impractical and expensive to operate of all. This guy is a lunatic.

I think he should call his boat the USS Ponzi! And make all sink who sail in her!

Karma will be paying him a visit. Boats are the surest possible way to lose money....and Hydrofoils being the most impractical and expensive to operate of all. This guy is a lunatic.

It does sound mental. Some old boat that is virtually scrap. He wants to sail it from Italy to Oz !?! Then what ......people are gonna pay to take a ride on it !?! How the f*ck is that gonna make *any* money.

Yep. Lunatic.

The staff as far back as 2014 where never getting paid on time and not in full so why stay just leave and get another job

Two words: autistic spectrum. This was the one shot at a 'career' that I was ever going to have, it was planned for a good couple of years, and everything seemed legitimate and prepared for right up to the point where we got to Wales... The annex to the house in Cwrt Llechryd is a whole other story, but from that point on, with nothing to go back to and no means of doing so, from my point of view it was 'make this work'. There was no other choice.

Let me put it another way: how bad does a person's mental health have to get that they *would* put up with this situation for so long, out of a sense of personal shame and self-loathing, an overriding phobia of consequences, and a certainty that things can - and will, based of past experience - always get worse?

Last edited:
I can sympathise with that but I think Dave should know he did a great job on the design of these games and should have no other feeling than pride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unfortunately, by this point I have very few current feelings on the matter beyond raw anxiety and imposter syndrome.

Those who know some of my side of the story, feel free to speak up on my behalf and I can yay or nay. Ask me questions and I'll do my best. I'm not in a terribly good mental position yet to process it all over again, but the floodgates have burst and there is no stopping it now anyway.

Dave, I completely agree with what Neil wrote. You did a great job on these games.

I understand this is very hard for you now, and actually much harder than for the people who lost their preorders - I was not involved in HP debacle, but lost $4750 with predator: I know how it feels.

The imposter was Andrew, not you. Be proud of what you did !

To be honest the money is one thing, taking advantage and bully others is just not freaking acceptable.

Dave - my advice put this behind you and move on - easy to say but if you linger in the pit of despair that is the HP saga then no good will come out of it.

Dave, sorry to hear of your experiences over the past years. Clearly you're out of pocket, but take whatever positives you can from it. You've probably learned a tonne about people, business and your own personal skills and effectiveness. The FT design was pretty decent for a first physical effort - well done!

What happened when the new owners came in, did they give you and others a proper employment contract and generally professionalise things or did they get bogged down in refunds and trying to get parts together?

shocking. feel bad for the punters that lost money, but a quick background check and its clear that Heighway was nothing but a thieving bastard.

Ian must be feeling relief that his LE turned up!

Was a bit of a chance that paid off!

It does sound mental. Some old boat that is virtually scrap. He wants to sail it from Italy to Oz !?! Then what ......people are gonna pay to take a ride on it !?! How the f*ck is that gonna make *any* money.

Yep. Lunatic.

Let's just look at this for a moment.

Purchase cost & restoration cost?
Sail from OZ to AU (via suez canal (toll $5000)) + fuel + crew, Gulf of Aden, Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal etc. (never going to happen)

Operating licence Sydney Harbour (if granted)
Operating passenger licence
Crew , Fuel & maintainence.

I think you can guarantee that he doesn't have anywhere near enough money to make any of this happen,

Yeah but there will be enough money in the pot to fund a certain lifestyle, couple that with whatever is left in the pot - move on to the next venture. Rinse and repeat it seems.

Back
Top Bottom