What's new

New extension build for pins (and daughters toys)

windoesnot

Site Supporter
Alias
Ian Walmsley
As some of you know, with the addition of Katherine to the house we've quickly run out of space, especially with all the big toys family members keep buying her. We chose to extend the house rather than move (good school within 15 yards of our door) and got a contractor involved from day 1. Planning went through without a hitch and the work started on the 18th April.

Once completed the extension will have 2 (maybe 3 if I can push it) pins and all Katherine's stuff in there.

Here's the progress so far:

Initial dig out:

Concrete boundary pour:

First layer brick & block work:

Concrete base pour (with neighbourhood cat footprints free of charge :mad:):

Brickwork almost completed:

All being well it should be finished by the end of May in time for the annual birthday BBQ and pinball party :)

Will post further updates as and when they happen. All is going well so far though :thumbs:

Am I heck doing it myself, it would never get finished! :rofl:

Internal dimensions are 3.5m x 3m, going in will be Star Trek and TFTC (whenever it bloody arrives!)

Good to see progress Ian. More space for more pins is always good. :thumbs:

no worries, about to do a significant extension project on my house. Was looking to buy another house but can't find something that ticks all the boxes so was bored one night with auto cad and drew something out. quotes are quite different so useful to have a benchmark. Hope the build goes well.

Looking good... :thumbs:
Hope it doesn't lead to neighbour trouble like ours did
We had a 5M x 3.5M double extension on the rear to create a large kitchen, and an extra bedroom above... Don't think they realised how big it was going to be poking out and height-wise when they signed the "we're ok with it papers".. lol Plus our rear faces southwest so it blocks the sun untill around 2.00pm in their kitchen.. Oop's

Looking really nice Ian

Wasn't able to see the images on Tapatalk but now can on PC - great stuff

@Paul sent you a pm

Last edited:
@Paul how come these pics show as 'media' on the extra tab? anything in there shows a little red flag that won't go away even after i look at it (like notifications on tapatalk) unless i click on 'mark all media as read' - a bug?

quotes are quite different so useful to have a benchmark.
Was told once that you should assume 1k to 2k depending on finish and materials per metre square. So an extension 3x4m would be between 12k and 24k. I think that's single storey too.

@Paul how come these pics show as 'media' on the extra tab? anything in there shows a little red flag that won't go away even after i look at it (like notifications on tapatalk) unless i click on 'mark all media as read' - a bug?

Nope - "As designed". You can attach pics directly to the thread, or add them to the Gallery and then link them. Horses for courses :D

It's that roof glass solar reflective Ian? Temperature and uv control important where pins will be. My conservatory was rediculous hot in summer until I installed roof blinds ( didn't make much difference to temperature) and then solar reflective inserts inside the polycarbonate roof sections.

New internal sliding doors to replace old double patio door now installed from house to extension. Only problem is the door width when opened is only 26 inches so I'm gonna have to take the head off Star Trek to get it in there, bugger!

Thankfully the external extension door should be plenty wide enough for pins! :)

As in remove it from the side support brackets and pivot it round?

Never tried it but possible if someone was able to help hold the head steady whilst its pushed through the doorway. Will see nearer the time but sound idea Paul.

The sliding door should just lift out. Or failing that there may be a stopper in the rail that you can remove to get the door opened further

Back
Top Bottom