What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired NEW Cherry Microswitches for WPC / System 11 / Stern Games - Exact Spec, Limited Time Prices & Stock

Expired Due to no activity

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
This weeks find is microswitches. These are made by Cherry. The exact manufacture used originally by Williams and others. I am able to source 2 different specs which i have been able to test recently. They come with a high spec diode to install and various types of flat length wires. You would need to switch the original wire from the old switch if not the same. See the picture below. (The flat wire length included may change depending on stock.)

IMG_4499.jpg

The price is £12 inc. vat for 5 of either type plus £1.20 postage. Payment via paypal to jim@mypinballs.co.uk if you want some as before with other parts i have found, or contact me and i can send you an invoice directly. (If paying directly please include your address in the notes.)

More details on the switch types
The first is the replacement Cherry DB3 switch with a green button. These are the ones sold by Marco and Pinball Life etc. I find that even though Cherry say these are the replacements for the original DA3 yellow button type, they are slightly softer in operation and sometimes cause issues when installing into a playfield lane switch in terms of height switch wire alignment. The switch wire should not need to be bent on a new switch.

The second type is the Cherry DB3 switch with a white button. These are rated at a higher value and therefore have a slightly stronger spring in the button. This makes the switch wire stand up higher on playfield switches in most cases and i have found is actually a better alternative for the original DA3 yellow button switch.

Finally, a big thank you to everyone that has taken the time so far to thank me for sourcing various parts. Your comments are appreciated and drive me forward to find other useful items. :)

Last edited:
I am in. 5 of each please. Could you bundle with my optos pls to keep postage down ?

If I ever have a machine young enough to have microswitches fitted I know where to come! ;)

Very interesting though Jim about the different button colour options and how they might affect switch sensitivity during gameplay.

Quick update on these. My shipment should be here around 13/11, so orders will go out after then

Payment sent for 10 of the white button type.

Good work on finding these parts Jim. I think you might have a time machine hidden away there in Pudsey. :)

Quick update. The green button switches arrived today :) The white button ones are in transit and should arrive here tomorrow (According to the latest tracking info). Packages will then be sent out asap. Apologies for the slightly longer wait on these. The delivery to me has been delayed by various european factors.

Quick Update: White button switches turned up today and i've sent out all orders waiting now. Braved the terrible weather up north and everything. Nearly needed a canoe to get to the post office today. Please check your letter boxes for parcels arriving shortly :)

Cheers Jim

Received my switches today Jim. Super, smashing, great. I can finally fix that bothersome drop target on IJ.

Thank you,
Andrew.

Hi Jim.
Have my switches been dispatched yet?
Many thanks Keith.

There are a couple of orders for switches still outstanding which i am aware of and sorting out. They should be with you in the next week. A few logistical issues with additional delivery of them to me but all sorted now. Hopefully you received the other parts you ordered today. Sent separately so as not to hold up the other parts.

Jim

Latest batch of white switches arrived to me Friday so all switch orders remaining as of today have been shipped. I decided to get them out to people now even though officially i'm on christmas break now until 4th Jan. Hope they come in handy :)

Merry Chirstmas Everyone :)

Last edited:
Back on it after the holidays. :) Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year!

Back
Top Bottom