What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New £1 Coin - New Coin Mechs?

Dunc

Registered
Good morning all, not posted for a while!

Question, when the new £1 coin is released in March this year, Im guessing i will need new ones for the 2 Pins i currently have i a pub? Where do i get these from?

Dunc

Great thread, was worried my Red Hot X would've been unusable with the new coinage..... Wonder if the payout hopper will be unaffected ?

Apparently in most cases they shouldnt be, as the size is the same (despite having more sides!). However as always, you'll need to try it to find out!

Hoppers ok. Most coin mechs re programmable but not all. Nightmare for the vending and coin op industry.

This is a major headache for me. Only just getting over the news that most note acceptors are now obsolete with the new notes out.
Will have to look into getting a programmer too, can't afford to have equipment out of order sending mechs off.
Will be a nightmare when the old coin becomes illegal tender, as there will be a mix of old and new coins in the hoppers.
Will we then need to reprogram again to disable the old coin?

going to be sending off a big box to Aztec coin as one offs too expensive. 30 "uneconomical to convert" fruits winging my way at the weekend. going to be a smashing time. 1000s will be going to landfill

Hi Paul.
This is the coin mech...
02c8579138e47cb718608c0ee1c1184f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom