What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG 1st & 2nd July 2017

Friday 30th June

Mini Bus from Stadium at 7:05pm

Saturday 1st July

Min Bus from hotel at 9:00am

Event starts at 10am

Event finishes at 6pm

Mini Bus from stadium at 6:05pm

Room book at The Split Chimp from 7pm-9pm Buffet is at 8pm

Sunday 2nd July

Mini Bus from hotel at 9am

Event starts at 10am

Event finishes at 4:30pm

@Big Phil or anyone else, what's the latest I can arrive with a game to setup this evening? I'll be knocking off from work soon but might take a while to get up there from Notts :)

20170630_163950.jpg
Setup began shortly after 1pm, and largely complete just a few hours later thanks to the fantastic number of people helping

A couple of very special pins (nemo and matrix) made an appearance mid afternoon thanks to Ad making the epic trip. Fair to say he had a long day and was the first to fall on the pub crawl
20170630_180757.jpg

20170630_232127.jpg

And the best takeaway in Newcastle, everything from kebab, cake and speciality pizza

20170630_235258.jpg

NERG is still hands down the best social event which is rudely interrupted with pinball.

Ad is legendary.. He was on a cheese high at one of the Welsh pinball classics. He bought far to much cheese at the food fair just down the road from Dave Rolfes house.

Just sat down. Beer opened and pizza about to be devoured. Thanks again for your tremendous support. The event was the best attended yet and there's been nothing but brilliant feedback. I salute you all.

Right.....a few days break then I best start looking at planning a couple of events next year.....

Just sat down. Beer opened and pizza about to be devoured. Thanks again for your tremendous support. The event was the best attended yet and there's been nothing but brilliant feedback. I salute you all.

Right.....a few days break then I best start looking at planning a couple of events next year.....

We need to look after this bloke.

I'm home now too. Top marks to Phil once again. Superb event, and really appreciate the generosity shown a number of times through the weekend to the many many people that help out.

Really hope this event can continue to grow and allow more people to experience such a great weekend away.

Yup, a great weekend social rudely interrupted during the day by pinball and vids.Pie n peas =meal of kings.Thanks to Phil and all the other awesome nerg helpers, U ROCK

Last edited:
Adding my thanks to Phil for a great weekend and for looking after us all so well.
Great to meet up with great friends for the weekend of pinball beer and good company.
Poibugs pizza disaster was one of the high lights of the first evening and our first pub recommend turned out to be a butchers that also sold craft beer ?????? Drinking beers while looking at slabs of meat. I kid you not.
Thanks to everybody that helped out and made it another great event.
Roll on next year.
D.

Last edited:
Well home after NERG and as usual @Big Phil you put on a fantastic show!!! The split chimp was a brill touch mate and very appreciated - cant wait for the next one. Great to see all the gang again and had a fab time even though my usual sidekick had swanned off to a stag do!!!! Deffo Poi's state on friday was epic and such fun!!!!.

Sorry didn't get to say bye to all the lads, as they had gone to the pub again!!! I needed to get back as I wanted to finish the floor in the pin shack while the weather was good and pleased to say it is done.

Thanks again Phil

Kev

Just going through all the social feeds and the buzz is fantastic! I've totally messed up on my figures though. I was telling you all that the attendance on Sunday was 680....it was actually 826!! I don't know where I messed up. So, Saturday was a sellout at just over 900 and Sunday was just short. This year has been the most successful NERG yet. I'm over the moon. Thanks again for your support.

Just going through all the social feeds and the buzz is fantastic! I've totally messed up on my figures though. I was telling you all that the attendance on Sunday was 680....it was actually 826!! I don't know where I messed up. So, Saturday was a sellout at just over 900 and Sunday was just short. This year has been the most successful NERG yet. I'm over the moon. Thanks again for your support.
told ya it looked just as busy Sunday !!!

Cheers

kev

Thanks to phill for yet another great nerg show,I'd been out of the scene for almost a year but was welcomed back in to the fold with enthusiasm by all the great friends I have within the pinball community ,nerg beer genius idea!!,good to hear it made big numbers,split chimp was great,great to see old friends and make some new ones....... I did feel a little uneasy abt watching ronsplooter playing and sickeningly caressing the X files!!!!!!

Thanks to phill for yet another great nerg show,I'd been out of the scene for almost a year but was welcomed back in to the fold with enthusiasm by all the great friends I have within the pinball community ,nerg beer genius idea!!,good to hear it made big numbers,split chimp was great,great to see old friends and make some new ones....... I did feel a little uneasy abt watching ronsplooter playing and sickeningly caressing the X files!!!!!!

DFD is back!!!! :D

Thanks to Phil for a great meet. Made the saturday with son again. Fantastic time as usual.Pins, pins and more pins, the lad said even arcade machines. Must have missed them because of the Matrix effect.

Back
Top Bottom