What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA comp

ailsaclunie

Site Supporter
There will be a NBA fast break competition from 10- 6 pm on the Saturday in the NBA room ( across from the classics ) and the finals will be on the Sunday from 12 pm - 3 pm . This will allow free play on the machines in tne Friday night, Saturday night and late Sunday afternoon .
This will be run , as like the last few years , where you will play opponents as part of a league of 4 - do three games against each opponent that has drawn in your league . 1 point for a win and 0 for a loss . There will be referees and coin toss as before to get the banter going .
Unfortunately we can only have 24 players to play at this time . We are taking the first 12 names now so we can get started early on Saturday morning and give players their time slot . The next 12 will be taken in the Friday night and Saturday morning at the desk in the NBA room - this is to keep it fair for those not on this forum 👍
The pinballs are supplied by the NLP who help us at the Scottish Pinball Association run the show and also big thanks to Chris Brim and pinball heaven for recently renovating the machines and they are now all shiny and bright . ⭐
This is a great fun competition , come and support your mates , wear cheerleaders costumes or wear your basketball colours . The cost is a fiver ( to be paid at show ) and all proceeds go to the cost of the show . There is also trophies to be won 😀
Chris Edgar from the SPA is taking the names this year and will take the first 12 that answer this thread . I can’t handle the heat , emotional blackmail and tears if people don’t get their names down 😀
Cheers
Ailsa

Sorry if this is a silly question or listed elsewhere. It’s prob known im not the best at spotting posts first time
Is there a list of games that we will be playing. I could prob do with a practice on the v pin beforehand so i can become a pro 🤓

Sorry if this is a silly question or listed elsewhere. It’s prob known im not the best at spotting posts first time
Is there a list of games that we will be playing. I could prob do with a practice on the v pin beforehand so i can become a pro 🤓
Just nba fastbreak - I’ll text you 👍🏻

Hi all, using the first 12 people that registered their interest I have defined the first 3 groups that will play it out on Saturday morning. If you want to partake in some horse trading of positions I'll support you, probably best we lock in the teams come Thursday 24th.

The remaining 3 groups (D,E & F) will play it out Saturday afternoon between 14:00-17:00.

Group A 10:00-11:00
Clive Bush
Diane Bush
JMac (Jon)
Chris G (Lebowski's Rug)

Group B 11:00-12:00
Chris Miller
Steven Dale (Doggard)
Gonzo
SeikoKid

Group C 12:00-13:00
Scott Kinloch
Callan Kinloch
Ryan Curtis
Josh Iles

Thanks!
Chris

Hi all, using the first 12 people that registered their interest I have defined the first 3 groups that will play it out on Saturday morning. If you want to partake in some horse trading of positions I'll support you, probably best we lock in the teams come Thursday 24th.

The remaining 3 groups (D,E & F) will play it out Saturday afternoon between 14:00-17:00.

Group A 10:00-11:00
Clive Bush
Diane Bush
JMac (Jon)
Chris G (Lebowski's Rug)

Group B 11:00-12:00
Chris Miller
Steven Dale (Doggard)
Gonzo
SeikoKid

Group C 12:00-13:00
Scott Kinloch
Callan Kinloch
Ryan Curtis
Josh Iles

Thanks!
Chris
Any chance I could be swapped to the C group as it will fit in better with my scoring stints in the other 2 comps?

When are you taking names for the remaining 12 places, As Ethan and I would really like to take part.

When are you taking names for the remaining 12 places, As Ethan and I would really like to take part.
Hi Andy, thanks for enquiring.

Registration for the remaining 12 places will open at 10am on the Saturday at the NBA desk.

Thanks
Chris

Would it be possible to increase the number of participants to 48 as I suspect alot of people will be disappointed if they miss out.

Not aiming to speak on behalf of the organisers but as a ref I know there are limiting factors:
  1. There are only 2 linked machines, this limits how many games can be played
  2. There is only so many games we can play in the day
  3. The machines are 27 years old, they can have issues and we need time to fix them
    1. There is usually a spare machine but bringing that in can cause knock on issues
    2. The machines do get hot and they need a rest
  4. The schedule feels none stop as a ref, more games around the above limitations would make it harder to achieve a reliable schedule

Understand it's just we both missed out last year and Ethan really enjoys the NBA Comp. Fingers crossed we make the final 12.

Would it be possible to increase the number of participants to 48 as I suspect alot of people will be disappointed if they miss out.
Hi Andy thanks for your suggestion.

We've been runing the competiton over a few years now, at different events, and 24 is the sweet spot. It ultimatley comes down to time. It comsumes a lot of time running the competiton, most of our weekend is spent facilitating this event. Don't get me wrong we feel priviledged to be able to host this event and interact with you all and it is unfortunate that people will be left disappointed but its unavoidable I'm afraid.

Thanks
Chris

Any chance I could be swapped to the C group as it will fit in better with my scoring stints in the other 2 comps?
Hi Chris, I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to see the tables and process all the shakers and movers at once, I'm sure we can work something out.

Back
Top Bottom