What's new

My Musings on Pinball

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Good afternoon all,

Since joining this hobby it has taken me by storm and I seem to spend more and more time in the hobby, even since having Harry - I have continued to really enjoy being part of a great community with lots of great support from everyone and I'd like to say thanks to everyone for being, in the large a great bunch. So for a while I have been thinking of something outside of work to throw myself into. I graduated from my post-grad last year and even with having Harry, wanted to do something outside of work as a creative outlet. I have toyed with the idea of a podcast, but there isn't enough local interest to set aside time to do so. I have toyed with streaming and I think that is something I will do eventually, once I can widen my collection (something I am looking to do currently with more reasonably priced classic games) however, this will probably be after our house move. Watch this space on that.

So... for your perusal I give you The U.K. Pinball Club.

http://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/

The site will be focussed on information relating to:

• Sited Pinball – Pinball Machines on sites being run by operators, generally 1 – 2 pins
  • Pinball Sites – A little different, these are dedicated pinball sites, 2+ pins
  • Competitions – Competitions going on in the U.K and results
  • Events – U.K. based events
  • News – Not dedicated to U.K. but of course relevant to it
  • Shop Logs I have done
  • Reviews - Games and Pinball Related
Of course, this is an ever evolving piece, and I welcome all feedback as necessary to make it something that is enjoyable to read. With regards to sited pinball, I would love anyone who has any games near them and would like to contribute to get in touch, I cannot single handedly give my personal view on all sited machines, but will darn well try.

What this isn't and can never be is a substitute for this great resource, in fact I openly push people in the about section here and plan to do a review on my experience here.

So please, any comments - thoughts, etc. let me know. Hopefully you can find time to swing by in your free time and either agree or disagree with my views.

Cheers,
James

Good luck with it. I've just had a read of your sited pinball reviews - pinballs without legs in Great Yarmouth, that's a new one on me, how did they even attempt to level them?

Good luck with it. I've just had a read of your sited pinball reviews - pinballs without legs in Great Yarmouth, that's a new one on me, how did they even attempt to level them?
Lord only knows - but they did actually feel level, I think this may have been a feature of the site, with older games historically there, not sure if anyone can comment on that. It did feel like diet coke and rubbing your own... feet. Good but not quire right.

Nice work James.

Thanks @kevlar - it's been a good few days getting my thoughts together on it, it is what it is and I hope that people get a fraction of the enjoyment reading it that I do creating it.

How about - what is your fave pinball game and why? For me it’s difficult, but back to the future is a fave as it’s based on one of my top movies of all time. Loved the Matrix too but yet to play a pinball version of that - perhaps at daventry?

Other games I like are as follows

Junk yard
Spooky
Attack from mars
Earthshaker.

I have more but that’s enough for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had a few pins off shelves back in the day. I think the operators were stuck in the 1930s when pins didn't have legs

Back
Top Bottom