What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music vs FX volume - Stern

Matt BRU

Registered
interested to see if you can adjust the volume of Music over FX on a Stern Pin (I have a Star Trek Pro). Recently updated the code to include the music from the movies (from Pinside) which is excellent but seems very quiet compared to the FX, I just want to raise the music volume a touch to make it more noticeable, while keeping FX the same.

I went into standard adjustments and there is a music volume item, but this didn't seem to make any difference (although it could be my ear!) and wasn't sure if this adjusted music and fx together.

Is this something that you adjust as per your preference? Or do you just leave as is.

I think it works backwards. If you find the Music Attenuation setting and set it to a negative number, it will increase the music volume.

That's brilliant thanks. I don't remember seeing that before, will try tonight. assuming that it is possible on my machine

Just had a looksee at the manual and it states that it has the standard Music Volume adjustment. Please note though that the options could have changed in later software revisions to give better control.

According to the manual if you set the music volume to 1, it will be at its loudest.

Capture.JPG

Ah brilliant, i'll take a look, it'll either be this then or the new Music attenuation adjustment. Thanks!

On my Walking Dead Standard Adjustment #47 is called Music Volume but I think it affects all sound equally.

There are, however, two further adjustments in the Feature Adjustments menu:

#150 Speech Attenuation
#149 Music Attenuation

These force down sound levels, at 0 they do nothing - as you increase them they reduce specifically the music and/or speech.

I found #150 very useful. Slightly reducing the call outs on TWD improves overall sound a lot IMO

Star Trek may have similar adjustments. Look in the Adjustments --> Game menu.

Perhaps you can boost the music by forcing down everything else.

On my Walking Dead Standard Adjustment #47 is called Music Volume but I think it affects all sound equally.

There are, however, two further adjustments in the Feature Adjustments menu:

#150 Speech Attenuation
#149 Music Attenuation

These force down sound levels, at 0 they do nothing - as you increase them they reduce specifically the music and/or speech.

I found #150 very useful. Slightly reducing the call outs on TWD improves overall sound a lot IMO

Star Trek may have similar adjustments. Look in the Adjustments --> Game menu.

Perhaps you can boost the music by forcing down everything else.
That's awesome, really helpful thank you - all adjusted last night! I just brought the music attenuation down to -15, and kept the speech attenuation at 0. Perfect

Back
Top Bottom