What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motorhome Holiday

The seeker

Registered
Hi guy's. Im thinking of taking the family 2 adults 2 kids under 4 on a Motorhome holiday around scotland, we're looking to hire from a company in Edinburgh. As we have never been on this sort of holiday I was wondering if any other members and been on such a holiday and if theres anything I should think twice about before signing up of a week of close quarters living in a Motorhome. Thanks in advance for any replies.

My parents own one. I’m insured on it so get it when ever I like, It’s awesome. I’m heading off tomorrow as it goes up to York for a few days. Do it mate, it’s an adventure

Do it and make sure you do the west coast of the highlands around glencoe and surrounding areas. Lot more mountains round the west side than the east.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought an old 1990 Hymer Camp 55 off eBay 10yrs ago, then we spent 8months living in it all over Europe on a measly budget.

This was before kids, but still tremendous fun. Definitely a good experience!

You've got to do the North Coast 500 miles. It's a coastal route where you can see some of the best beaches in Britain.

do the same but go to Europe, drive round the alps, epic country amazing views.... if you want a route let me know.

do the same but go to Europe, drive round the alps, epic country amazing views.... if you want a route let me know.
It is nice but for a first timer with 2 small children driving a lefthand drive motorhome on the wrong side of the road could be too much and put people off doing it again, and why not keep it easy the first time? Not only that but Scotland has some of the best hills and beaches around.

You can drive on the left and read our road signs, you don't need to exchange your money or bring your passport with you. We can also understand you when you talk to us (well most of you anyway).

Everyone should holiday local it'll help you appreciate what you have on your doorstep instead of travelling all around the world looking for what you get at home like some people do.

Scotland is beautiful, have family in Inverness and loch Caron facing the isle of sky, love spending time there. never motorhomed but sounds fun

It is nice but for a first timer with 2 small children driving a lefthand drive motorhome on the wrong side of the road could be too much and put people off doing it again, and why not keep it easy the first time? Not only that but Scotland has some of the best hills and beaches around.

You can drive on the left and read our road signs, you don't need to exchange your money or bring your passport with you. We can also understand you when you talk to us (well most of you anyway).

Everyone should holiday local it'll help you appreciate what you have on your doorstep instead of travelling all around the world looking for what you get at home like some people do.

Nah it’s essy and there is nothing local that is remote!

crossapol-beach-in-august1.jpg
Crossapol beach Tiree. Island size 30 square miles with a population of 653. The island is surrounded by beaches like this.

Distance from Woking 500 miles almost 9hrs drive and then a ferry trip of 4hrs. Sounds nice and remote to me.

Back
Top Bottom