What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monopoly Rotating Flipper

Paul R Owen

Site Supporter
Not sure if I am missing something on this. The rotating flipper is secured under the playfield by a circular weight thingy. There is a tiny screw that pushes against the metal shaft of the Flipper. However, this over time keeps working loose and the weight thingy drops off. Am I missing something? :hmm:

Thanks Pete - what confuses me is that it is only the end of the screw pushing against the flipper shaft that keeps it secured. You would expect to see some sort of hole or indentation for the screw to lock into?

Standard grub screws by the sounds of it but there are normally 1 of them pushing on the shaft in different places. They do wear with age so maybe replacement grub screws are needed?

The screw looks and works OK, but there doesn't appear to be enough to attach to on the flipper shaft. Maybe a design fault?

You might want to try get hold of some knurled cup set screws Paul. Decent Allen key, Loctite 243 threadlock and it shouldn't come loose again.

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom