What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMR

Eric Evans

Registered
has anyone else ordered the mmr as i noticed the price has shot up during the long winded wait and i was wondering if we pay the price it was ordered at or do we have to stump up another £600 to the price it is advertised at now ?

My understanding is it's at the original price if you've paid a deposit. Phil would be able to confirm though.

Sweepstakes as to delivery date..... My money is on late June/early July

cheers for replies, yes i did put a deposit down ,sold my scared stiff 10 months ago ready for new pin end of summer what a mistake would probably have got another 500 for it if id kept it till now.

i was trying to guess the delivery date and i was thinking end of july but it all depends which batch uk get theirs it will probably be right at the end, if so it could be september next will be the stern move and if they make 40 a week its still 5 months plus the way its going they will be doing a remake of the remake before i see one in the flesh lol

I'd rather get a later machine than an early production run. There are bound to be small issues that come to light with the first couple of hundred

At the point we take a deposit, it locks you in at the price we agree (unless its expressly stated that the final price is subject to currency fluctuations).

When the MMr thing came about, I took a currency forward with a fixed expiry date - that has long since expired - so although I am almost loosing money now on the MM's I wouldn't change the price quoted for existing orders but for new customers on board, they have to pay more because that is based on the "cost" price being probably 10% more and making a loss isn't one of my hobbies!

Phil

thanks for that phil thats really settled my mind as it will be my first nib and although i saved for the pin i didnt allow any extra. so that is the best mmr news ive seen in months, although it is a bit unfair on you that the game is delayed and it is you that will be suffering for it.

but i do hope it will be the first of many pins i buy off you as you seem a really genuine guy

Couldn't agree more Paul.

I've only bought spares from Phil but he's always been really helpful and i'd have no hesitation buying NIB from him. In fact, i'd do it anyway because UK-based businesses like his deserve our full support.

Hopefully i'll be in the position to buy a NIB someday. ;-)

I also paid deposit and that is why it is essential you buy from Pinball Heaven, you don't get any of the heartache you may get otherwise. Plus when it finally does arrive you know you have second to none support.
Thank heaven! pun intended!
Cheers Adie

I am told that we will not have our UK games ready any earlier than May and absolutely no later than September, somewhere between the best case scenario (May) and the "last 25 off the line" scenario of September.

cheers for the reply phil ,its nice to have a rough idea of when we may get them even though its a 4 month window ,do you always have this sort of trouble with new pins and delays? or is it because its a remake and more complicated to produce well all i can say is there is light at the end of the tunnel

Pinball is far more complicated than people realise and there are always problems and delays. I would rather them take longer and arrive working than arrive on time but drop to bits!

Gives the US$/GBP a little longer to recover too!

Phil

Yeah it's been a long wait but I agree would rather have one from a later batch and get the problems sorted out first.

Same applies for the Hobbit, any news from JJP on when we expect these to ship to the UK?

Hi Mark, nothing firm no, I expect a sample soon, end of the year for the production run I think, just my guess. Don't want the first off the line either!
Phil

****ing Hell, end of the year for the Hobbit?:eek:

Am I the only one who thinks Jack's taking the **** with this? The machine was meant to come out July 14 then there were claims that it HAD to come out with the film. Then more excuses that it had to come out with the DVD. Now I'm guessing it can't come out until everyone has forgotten the film.

Obviously not knocking Phil about this but Jack seems very good at taking people's money but not so hot on actually delivering machines. How long can a businesses survive like this? I would have thought they would have needed to deliver pin #3 before the end of the year to actually be a viable company. So glad I'm no longer in on this one as at least I'll have been able to play TWD (even if the code does suck at this stage).

Makes MMRs year behind schedule look good.

Maybe this also explains why Stern released a bunch of wrestler guys from the early 90s. It's all down to production delays and not an out of date theme,;)

End of the year is only my personal opinion, not "official" word from JJP and like I said, I would rather not have the first ones off the line anyway. The WoZ that was delivered and the WoZ that is today is so different, I would rather wait for a more finished product than just have it now because I cannot wait etc.... Patience......

I think by NLP in October we (Pinball in the UK) will be in a much happier place.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom