What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMR two years on

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

So, its coming up for two years or so since MMR landed. Looking back on the threads of the time there was a lot of bold statements made about the remake and clearly a few things PPS/CGC should have got better. Now with AFMR about to land, anyone feel their view has changed. I haven't seen a single report of a major board or otherwise failure (please post if you have). My MMR has been the most reliable machine I've got, whilst many others I've had to tweak or do stuff to, MMR stands alone as the machine I've not had to do anything to.

Neil.

Well as you Ask : ;)

It’s not a remake it’s a copy, Chinese look a like, and how many plays have you had on it ?

The componenents were not made in the USA , only assembled

Still love that it was made , but not the real thing just a nice knock off

As you can see my view has not changed :):):)

Oh by the way if they make a cheaply made copy of cactus I may buy one if they Finnish the code .

I always found the flippers a bit different on MMR but those who have AFMR say the flippers are pretty close to B/W in feel.

AFMR seems a massive hit but AFM is one of the best games of all time;)

Mine hasn’t missed a beat.

688 plays so far.

Very impressed with the build quality and reliability, better than the other current manufacturers.

They did a great job with the LCD animations, and overall it’s a better playing experience than the original.

I shouldn’t think there are many originals that haven’t undergone board repairs. Would rather play the game now than have to await repairs to flaky 20 year old boards.

I always found the flippers a bit different on MMR but those who have AFMR say the flippers are pretty close to B/W in feel.

AFMR seems a massive hit but AFM is one of the best games of all time;)
There was some ‘science’ on Pinside about how they’re different, seemed legit too. I’ll dig it out when I’m freed from this kids party (as a supervising adult).

I know that I am playing with fire here - but I just do not get the hype about AFM. I have never owned one. I know knowledgeable folk that do and I have played their games alongside them so they could show me what was what. For a game of its era it is so stripped down. The most basic fan layout. Two flippers. No meaningful toys at all. Pretty clunky playfield artwork like IJ and Shadow

Games from its cohort like MM, MB, even relatively stripped down SS, offer so much more beauty/ engineering/ mechanics/ toys and they all have similar levels of programming

I have owned 3 AFM's and don't really like it and agree with David's comments.

I can't comment on MMR but my original MM after its 1st lifetime in arcades (wouldn't like to guess the amount of plays) and at least 10 years in my ownership (been to a few Slams as well) has also never let me down along with all the WPC95 games I have had of that era, maybe I have been lucky but they seem fairly bullet proof.

There was some ‘science’ on Pinside about how they’re different, seemed legit too. I’ll dig it out when I’m freed from this kids party (as a supervising adult).

sadly myself and a few others pointed out the flaws in the testing rig that the guy was using - then CGC pointed out a bunch of other flaws in the testing process, when he tested right he found that MMR was slightly more responsive than MM rather than less but overall were identical.

here is one on route in the US - 10K plays only issue was a snapped coil tab...

8773c0cd87bf51113da989ece22c1a0c4072a06b.jpg c3d803f4b5fb8f38578c69e6cfa945961d9a753a.jpg 51c0743d3b24dc4895004818777c4bca1ddee51b.jpg

I think I have had mine now for 4 years never had to fix anything, unlike my sopranos, Star Trek le, xmen le, lotr, all needed work on them, but hey I like modern pins,

I like playing these copies too, good fun and great alternative as descent originals are so hard to find, just so glad I got a great example of the real thing, took me 3 pins to get an afm I love neither will be sold by me,

Any big hints to a cactus canyon as will be sorely tempted by that as good originals so hard to find, but would also want code finished

here is one on route in the US - 10K plays only issue was a snapped coil tab...

That's impressive!

I'm not trying to say the new ones aren't reliable, just that the old ones were as well :thumbs:

It seems that all the early worries about the light boards were unfounded as well.

Just hoping they don't announce a CC remake, never should have sold my old one!

I know that I am playing with fire here - but I just do not get the hype about AFM. I have never owned one. I know knowledgeable folk that do and I have played their games alongside them so they could show me what was what. For a game of its era it is so stripped down. The most basic fan layout. Two flippers. No meaningful toys at all. Pretty clunky playfield artwork like IJ and Shadow

Games from its cohort like MM, MB, even relatively stripped down SS, offer so much more beauty/ engineering/ mechanics/ toys and they all have similar levels of programming

Everyone likes different games so not everyone likes AFM.

Out of over 60 games in my house ( over the years not all at once! ), it is by far the favourite of family and friends.

Everyone can destroy a ship but getting to be RTU is pretty difficult.

Flow is amazing and tons of humour.

Games like MM, MB and AFM are popular for a reason and whilst I love modern Sterns they just don't have the humour of these classics.

Took me 7 years to find a really nice original AFM and think I have missed the boat finding a similar MM.

sadly myself and a few others pointed out the flaws in the testing rig that the guy was using - then CGC pointed out a bunch of other flaws in the testing process, when he tested right he found that MMR was slightly more responsive than MM rather than less but overall were identical.
Ah, I won’t bother then!

Cactus Canyon is one of the best games I have played and will defo be buying one of them and a mb

iv`e been lucky enough to have had a CC and then a CCC in the past, if they remake this game with the continued code on it I will be very tempted, :cool:

My dad has a CC and I think we’re going to order the CCC kit from epthegeek on Pinside in the next few months. Really looking forward to trying it out, looks great.

iv`e been lucky enough to have had a CC and then a CCC in the past, if they remake this game with the continued code on it I will be very tempted, :cool:
Just be CCC. I loved the alien part of the game. We will see in march. So they saying either CCC, MB or TAF.

Just be CCC. I loved the alien part of the game. We will see in march. So they saying either CCC, MB or TAF.
Everything was pointing to MB.

But in the last few weeks a lot of high end CC have suddenly come up for sale. ( USA ).

On the basis that there are always people who know in advance I am going for CCR next!

Everything was pointing to MB.

But in the last few weeks a lot of high end CC have suddenly come up for sale. ( USA ).

On the basis that there are always people who know in advance I am going for CCR next!
Sounds like you could be right there otherwise people wouldn't be selling up.

Cgc play there cards close to there chest I don’t think we will know what is next to come out I think cc would be the most profitable and easily made over taf and Mb and both these too have a lot of expensive toys on
And it will be cc with no continued code unless they finish the code off or do something there selves

There is a rumour of a new self designed Pinball from CGC also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I have had mine now for 4 years never had to fix anything, unlike my sopranos, Star Trek le, xmen le, lotr, all needed work on them, but hey I like modern pins,

I like playing these copies too, good fun and great alternative as descent originals are so hard to find, just so glad I got a great example of the real thing, took me 3 pins to get an afm I love neither will be sold by me,

Any big hints to a cactus canyon as will be sorely tempted by that as good originals so hard to find, but would also want code finished

The code was already finished by Eric in his CCC upgrade. I’d love a new cc but I’d still want Eric’s update on it. PPS should start talking nice and get Eric onboard and I mean with $$$

Back
Top Bottom