What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing pinball

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Since fixing a few GI connectors and bulbs etc and playing a lot more Fishy. I’m now getting the error message missing Pinballs, it’s started intermittent searching for balls inbetween plays but now it’s all the time and a game wont start. The trough switches have been checked with apron off and appear ok.
I’ve looked at the manual and can’t work out which connector the trough switches lead back to..

Any ideas ?

Check the connectors on the mpu are firmly connected and haven't come loose been knocked etc.

Agree with the CPU/MPU. It seems to work a bit after I check the connectors on this board. Although all connectors appear flush with board. Wonder if it’s the fish knocker that’s causing it to come loose a fraction..

Ok will check J206 and J209 when I get home..

Last edited:
Check contacts to the trough? May be a bad switch there and not recognising a ball which is sat there. (Apologies, hadn't read the first message properly!)

Not managed to fix this yet. Solenoid test all switches showing open when 9DBF6573-B30A-418C-8992-CC1B968512E5.jpegballs are in place. Unfortunately borrowing a spare CPU board has fallen thru. I’ve ordered a couple of LM339 chips. Going to replace the one highlighted in the photo.

It would be an idea to take the battery holder off that mpu as well. Have you inspected the connectors at 206 and 208, looked into them for any signs of alkaline?
The resistor at R31 (bottom) is that okay?

I’ve looked at connectors 206 and 208. They seem fine. I don’t think the board has any battery leakage damage. I’m no expert on this. Think some of the connections need flux, resoldered as they should be shiny. That’s what a guy told me at work..B707E3E1-8DD5-483F-AB2F-BB2228EF9493.jpegB707E3E1-8DD5-483F-AB2F-BB2228EF9493.jpeg

Ok I inspected the connectors, pushed down with the probe tester. It’s now seeing balls and trough switches are showing closed and I can play it. However some of the switches aren’t working as they should. Will need to investigate those connectors more closely me thinks..

I would suspect that board has had battery damage that’s why the chip has been replaced at some point and it has a jumper on it too I bet more jumpers on the rear too

Reflow the solder for the connectors whilst it is out of the cabinet to help rule out hairline cracks.

Thanks all. Fault solved. It was the J206 connection. Once I inspected it in better light I could see it might be the cause.
Although J208 doesn't look to clever either. I only had one spare connector. So it will have to do for the mo. Will get some more from l8VLKusdTYqjsrKlqM2RXw.jpgPinball Heaven

TScZxq2HQsSEGvPVfa+M9w.jpgI

Yeah that's what I meant by inspect, you can see the alkaline on it :)

Glad it was an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom