What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miniature coil needed for Stern TSSP

I TiltAlot

Registered
Alias
Keith
I have a Stern TSPP that I am trading for another pin with a member on this group. The other day whilst checking the game over ready for the swap, a coil burnt out on the machine. It's the one behind the TV on the upper playfield for the plunger that holds the ball back whilst the mode starts on the DMD. The plunger then energises to let the ball drop onto the top flipper ready to flip up into the couch.

The coil is smaller than a normal coil and is called a 28-1050 (mini bobbin) part number 090-5046-00 It is used on other Stern machines besides TSPP.

I have tried the usual sources to get hold of one here in the UK to no avail. Does anyone have a spare coil of this description laying around at home, so I can get this machine up and running again?

Thanks Keith

I contacted Dave Willcox at Pinball Daze, and he managed to source me a replacement coil and the MOSFET to repair the TSPP.

The Parts arrived quickly today, and after an afternoons work it is back up and running and ready to go.

Thanks to Dave for excellent friendly service, I'll certainly go back to him again for parts in the future.

Unfortunately Dave was unable to find me up a coil sleeve. Luckily my Shrek uses the same coil sleeves for the Donkey Pinball flippers, so I have robbed one of those, and disabled Donkey Pinball for now. If anyone can help me, the part number is: Mini Coil Sleeve 545-5442-00

Cheers Keith

With a bit of care it is possible to cut a regular size sleeve down to size using a stanley knife...

P.S. you missed Dave by a few hours as he was along for the league meet today!

I wish I had known that before I dismantled the Shrek mini-playfield! :mad:

Something to try tomorrow then...

I had a look at the coil sleeves today and the diameters of a normal sleeve and the mini coil sleeve are totally different.

If anyone is making up a parts order from one of the States suppliers, could they possibly add a couple of these sleeves to their order? (Mini Coil Sleeve 545-5442-00)

Thanks Keith

(Mini Coil Sleeve 545-5442-00)

Bump. Has anyone got one of these Stern coil sleeves on hand that they could sell to me? Or if anyone is making up a parts order from one of the States suppliers, could they possibly add a couple of these sleeves to their order? Thanks Keith.

Playing Shrek is not quite the same without Donkey Pinball working...
sad-1.png

I'm gonna be doing a states order so I'll try and remember to include it in the order Keith.

Thanks Peter, that would be much appreciated. Keith

Back
Top Bottom