What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Might resonate with you .....

It’s context. Professor Zombie made a sweeping statement about the police - I asked for evidence, knowing that I’d get mostly clickbait rubbish in response or what ever google spat out - I thought I’d help him out by asking for a peer reviewed paper that supported his assertion. Given it’s about psychology which is one of if not the most complex subject in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There's been many sweeping statements made in this thread. But you chose that particular one.

That's all I'm saying.

You think that I'm not laughing in my unspecified examples because I found them tasteless and you're saying that I'm somehow blind to that?
You are overfocusing on my mention of Jim Davidson from before.

No I’m using taste as an example. if something is funny it’s funny - to you it might be the case that it isn’t driven by a number of factors including taste. The example above to me was funny - my wife thought it was totally tasteless. But in my view if you refuse to say it because of taste doesn’t make it any less funny.

There's been many sweeping statements made in this thread. But you chose that particular one.

That's all I'm saying.

You aren’t saying anything. Probably wise!

No I’m using taste as an example. if something is funny it’s funny - to you it might be the case that it isn’t driven by a number of factors including taste. The example above to me was funny - my wife thought it was totally tasteless. But in my view if you refuse to say it because of taste doesn’t make it any less funny.

Fair enough, that makes more sense to me.

I'm more used to just finding jokes low-effort or naff, as opposed to tasteless. For example (and continuing on with Pistorius jokes) I thought this was funny: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oke-goes-too-far-at-the-q-awards-9812847.html

I'm just aware that many would be upset by it, and I keep said jokes to crowds that I know would laugh.

Roadshow will be banned next. Many moons ago I nearly operated one in an Asian taxi office. The owner was having a go on it in my front room and asked me if the glass was shatterproof as someone will put their fist through it. So I put in LW3 instead. Positive BAME role model machine!!

Oh man. I didn’t get any notifications for this thread all weekend! Holy cow, the arguments we could have had Neil. Oh well. But then again, if you’re going to fly in the face of accepted psychology, official statistics and ‘super complaints’, it becomes a pointless argument anyway. The reason I know a lot about this subject is because my sister was in an abusive relationship with a Police Officer. Please do some research of your own into the subject. It’s not a sweeping statement, it’s fact.

It wouldn’t be an internet forum without some good old BRAUD SCHWEEPING STATEMINCE

Demonstrating your intellectual abilities here I see. Is it a fact because you say it's a fact? 😂 😂 😂 😂

There’s no challenge in getting into an argument with you mate. It’s like trying to have an intellectual debate with a goldfish. So let’s imagine you won this one.

Oh man you even had to drag THOSE things outta Facebook straight to here as well. Hm, must get back to Neil about that sense of humour discussion - Joy emoji rarely ever herald actual comedy so might be another data point for that discussion

There’s no challenge in getting into an argument with you mate. It’s like trying to have an intellectual debate with a goldfish. So let’s imagine you won this one.

You do realise that I'm not actually against anything you've said here?

But if you want to have a go of challenging your intellectual abilities against mine, lets try it. You won't win.

But if you want to have a go of challenging your intellectual abilities against mine, lets try it. You won't win.

I don’t. You are my intellectual superior.

Eff me, that one hurt to read. It's absolutely cringe-inducing when someone non-ironically self-fellates their own proclaimed intellect.

Pete go to bed mate. Everything is better in the morning. Drink lots of coffee though.

I don’t. You are my intellectual superior.
Pete go to bed mate. Everything is better in the morning. Drink lots of coffee though.

When you post wacky unproven conspiracy theories about the police and insinuate that others have inferior intellect (comparable to a 'gold fish' as you said) it really only shows you are suffering from delusions of grandeur and, quite honestly, thick as pig sh!t. You should probably go get yourself checked out. Lockdown has put mental strain on a lot of folk so you wouldn't be alone mate.

Unfortuately, I have to side with Neil on most of the points in this thread. Never thought I'd say that.

Eff me, that one hurt to read. It's absolutely cringe-inducing when someone non-ironically self-fellates their own proclaimed intellect.

Coming from somone who doesn't understand what an emoji is, that actually IS funny. The laughing emoji on this forum has nothing to do with Facebook.

When you post wacky unproven conspiracy theories about the police and insinuate that others have inferior intellect (comparable to a 'gold fish' as you said) it really only shows you are suffering from delusions of grandeur and, quite honestly, thick as pig sh!t. You should probably go get yourself checked out. Lockdown has put mental strain on a lot of folk so you wouldn't be alone mate.

Unfortuately, I have to side with Neil on most of the points in this thread. Never thought I'd say that.

Coming from somone who doesn't understand what an emoji is, that actually IS funny. The laughing emoji on this forum has nothing to do with Facebook.

It’s weird, normally I’d argue this ****. But honestly your opinion means less than zero to me. That really makes it difficult to have a debate. So you either win or you don’t. I don’t care either way. Like I said earlier, let’s pretend you won.Job done.

Oh right, I get it. He's on a wind-up.

Poe's law isn't a comedic ideal, is my advice. You need a twist too.

But I will be fair - you played the standard conservative backpedal flawlessly earlier, with the minute's silence bit. Even though you went through the textbook stages of disownership ("I didn't say it"), reinterpretation ("You didn't understand it correctly") and then, goalpost moving ("Your example is actually wrong because <x> reasons I've just dug up",) I didn't cotton on because frankly, people do that stuff seriously too often for me to take it as a warning shot.

I did also wonder when you timed the replies and edits in the stages to a tee as well, and then the comedy arrogance - but honestly? People actually do that ****. Poe's law.

Then you blew it with that post - maybe you got bored but all you had going for it was the craftsmanship of the front. All spoilt now. Bah.

Last edited:
It’s weird, normally I’d argue this ****. But honestly your opinion means less than zero to me. That really makes it difficult to have a debate. So you either win or you don’t. I don’t care either way. Like I said earlier, let’s pretend you won.Job done.

If it means less than zero to you, then why do you keep snapping back? Your words contradict your actions and it suggests that it means more than ‘zero‘ as you put it.

The dictionary definition of debate is:

a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints

Maybe you didn’t learn this in whatever little education you’ve had?

So, if the opposing viewpoints of others means ‘less than zero’ to you, in your own words, then it really begs the question - why are you posting on an internet discussion forum in the first place?

Lets see if you snap back again.

Back
Top Bottom