What's new

Metallica light board question

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
Is there a reason some of the light boards on Metallica Premium are mounted about 1" from the playfield? On a handful of inserts they look a little faint because of it, especially the right hand cross. I can't see a reason why unless mounting them flush would create hot spots? Lots of the other ones are mounted flush.

20170706_195833.jpg

Did you fit the blue diffuser/filter or the previous owner?
I fitted it along with a few others, just gel sheets cut to size and held in with masking tape. It is actually a blue and a green to get an 'eerie' cyan colour for the cross inserts. Tried blue and red to get purple but it looked too dark. There are quite a lot of white lights on Metallica so wanted to differentiate some of the different targets and the Fuel lights etc.

Some have lost their true colour/washed out in the photo but they look quite good in reality, especially the Fuel lights above the flippers.

Metallica.jpg

I've done the same on my xmen which has the same light boards, coloured a few white inserts and made some of the coloured ones richer. I Was just asking as I was thinking maybe the previous owner had spaced the board away from the gel thinking they may melt the gel ( which they won't as they stay pretty cool).

It came like that from the factory. I did think they may not like having the light directly against them but the red under the fuel light comes factory installed like that.

Back
Top Bottom