What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event image

Meridian Matchplay - group matchplay on March 10th

VeeMonroe

Registered
This thread is for the general discussion of the Meridian Matchplay - group matchplay on March 10th. Please add to the discussion here.

This is a short-notice tournament with IPFA points to give the opportunity for people to play JJP's Elton John competitively (and some other pins) while Pinball Republic is closed.

Numbers capped at 24 (four players on six machines) to ensure a smooth-running event.

Last edited:
Just a reminder matchplay is on tomorrow.

We will be serving pasta for lunch. I may, or may not, manage to make homemade biscuits - it depends on my energy levels/shoulder.

If you need to know the address, please message me here or on Facebook :)

We haven't got many people registered, but we can definitely put together a small competition (although it may not attract WPPR points - I think you need 15 people).

Just an update. I’m still hosting this afternoon, but I’ve only had a couple of people ask for my address. I know a fair few people have been here before, as well, so it’s possible I might get a couple more people who haven’t registered or contacted me.

However, obviously, if you’re making a massive journey and are expecting a huge massive tournament, I don’t want to disappoint you.

We’ve still got pasta and Elton John and I’m keen to do matchplay. So, it’s still on, but it may be a bit small (like 5 of us)!

Thanks for offering to host this event Vee!

Appreciated, and apologies for not being able to make it today, hope all goes well X

Thanks to everyone who came for an epic pinball battle. It was lovely to meet everyone.

Congratulations to Martin Bedford who triumphed over @MadMonzer in a nail-biting head-to-head Best of Three on Centaur, Godzilla and AFM!

Also, congrats to Martin, Mark Johnson and @MadMonzer for a tense high-scoring three-player match on Jurassic Park!

Thanks everyone for coming along. I had a super afternoon and hope you all did too!

Elton John got played a lot and, unfortunately, went intermittently wrong - hopefully, it’s just teething problems for a prototype model.

8F23FD93-241D-416F-9F5A-919A7E47EC70.jpeg
11B27A47-3E50-42DC-AE50-57CCE96413D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who came for an epic pinball battle. It was lovely to meet everyone.

Congratulations to Martin Bedford who triumphed over @MadMonzer in a nail-biting head-to-head Best of Three on Centaur, Godzilla and AFM!

Also, congrats to Martin, Mark Johnson and @MadMonzer for a tense high-scoring three-player match on Jurassic Park!

Thanks everyone for coming along. I had a super afternoon and hope you all did too!

Elton John got played a lot and, unfortunately, went intermittently wrong - hopefully, it’s just teething problems for a prototype model.

View attachment 246479
View attachment 246480
Thanks vee and johnathon for hosting a thoroughly enjoyable day.
The pasta was lovely.
I really liked Elton John.
Thanks also to Roy and Mark.
It may only have been the 5 of us but was a great mini tournament.
See you all again soon.

Back
Top Bottom