What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medway Pinball Anniversary Weekender

Mike Parkins

Site Supporter
They've just changed company for payments and made an absolute **** if it.

Used the bridge last Saturday and the system is still not updated yet to pay for the crossing, I have the auto-pay setup so should be ok but they said everyone had to reconfirm their payment details but then their system was overloaded so people couldn't get on.

They've moved the payment deadline for crossings from last weekend back a few times now, I think it's the end of August now when it was originally the 31st of July.

To celebrate the first anniversary of Medway Pinball Club, we will be hosting two tournaments on Saturday 16th to Sunday 17th September!

Saturday: Max Matchplay
Sunday: Best Game

(Both with finals after!)

Max capacity is 50 players. Entry per day will be £25, under-16s £12. Payment on the day by card or cash.

Saturday

Join us for a 11am start for a Max Matchplay competition. All players will play an equal number of head to head games over approx 4 hours (this will be 24 games, or less if there are fewer players signed up). Each game will be against a different player. Not everyone will be playing at once, so you’ll have time to wait inbetween games.

If you have been to one of the Pinhaus competitions before - you’ll know how it works!

There will then be a final for the top 16 players held as a group matchplay, with 1 game per round. Games chosen by top seed for each group. The top 2 players from each game will go through to the next round until 4 players remain. The finals will be 3 games (chosen randomly), scored as 4-2-1-0.

Timings:
Start 11:00, lunch 13:00 - 13:30, then 13:30 - 15:30 (approx)
Finals: 15:30 (approx) onwards

Sunday

Join us for a Best Game format with a twist from 11am!

On arrival (before entering the venue) you will be assigned a scoresheet of 8 games - everyone will be assigned a random set of 8 games from the games at Medway. You will play your 8 games and note the scores on your paper (getting someone to verify each). There will be an equal number of players on each table (as much as possible).

Qualifying will remain open until 14:30.

The top 16 players will then go forward for a group matchplay, consisting of 3 x 4 player games for the top 16 players. Games chosen randomly (avoiding duplicates as much as possible), with top 2 players then going through to the next round. The final 4 will then play 3 games, scored as 4-2-1-0 (games chosen randomly).

Timings:
Qualifying: 11:00 - 14:30
Finals: 15:00 onwards

Both events will have medals for the top 3 under 16s, plus trophies for the top 3 players. :)

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevs4bHLgiXscJAYs_eDPt1hMK-lrreJrnA1ZpweZQA7fmX8g/viewform

Mike asked me to try and think of something a little different to the usual Matchplay events so I hope that these meet the bill, and it will be a fun weekend of pinball for everyone!

Last edited:
Hi all, I've set up a Google Form for those who would like to pre-register, to keep track of numbers on both days:

You don't have to, you can just turn up on the day, but it will help with organising the event and catering if we know in advance who is planning to come :)

Can't see my name on the list even though I signed up for both on a post above

Back
Top Bottom