What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May the force be with you.

teachp8

Registered
Less than three hours until the 11:00 showing at the MK iMax - come on JJ, don't let me down! [emoji109]

Damn, can't get until just after xmas.
Enjoy, I've got to avoid all spoilers until then so won't be visiting this thread for a while :wave::wave::wave:

its bound to be spoiled before I see it

That's why I went to the midnight showing :) Didn't get home till gone 3am and was knackered at work yesterday but so worth it. Trouble is, no one else at work has seen it yet so I'm banned from talking about it :(

Went last night and going again tonight. Took me right back to being 8 years old again, dreaming of a true sequal to ROTJ.

I tip my hat to Disney and JJ, they have done more good with it in a few short years then Lucus ever did post the orginal unaltered triology. Bring on episode 8 and 9!

I've never understood the fascination with Star Wars:confused: I remember being desperate to see the first one when I was about 8. Going to the cinema was a super rare treat, I probably only went 3 or 4 times as a kid. (one of the other times was to see Tron, which again I didn't really enjoy:rolleyes:)

Remember enjoying it but by the time the 2nd one came out I had zero interest. Probably caught it on TV.

Pretty certain I've never seen Return of the Jedi all the way through. Not caught any of the last series.

My son's off to see the new one on Sunday for someone's birthday do, so I guess I'll miss this one as well.

I'm a bit worried that I need to hand my man card back in. :oops:

Anyway for all those going to see the new film, hope you love it.:clap:

Always thought I've got the same taste in movies as a 14 year old girl I'll watch anything with Drew Barrymore in it and this morning I suspect I'll check out the Channel 5 Christmas movie selection (bound to be a film about a woman looking for love for Christmas..)

God, I think I need to go out to prove my manhood somehow.....

Off in January, no massive rush. Don't use Twitter so I'm relatively safe from too many spoilers. I like a bit of casual sci-fi & thought he did a good job of reinventing the new Star Trek films.

Ok

I watched Star Wars (new hope) in the cinema back when it first came out. Saw the new 3 prequels shortly after they came out.

Watched the empire strikes back on Tuesday this week, watched return of the Jedi on Wednesday. (Can't believe I didn't know darth Vader was dead all these years)

Then I went to see the force awakens on Thursday (with bro in law who got tickets) much better than the muppet feat of Empire and Jedi.

Also found out this week my wife is a Star Wars fan so I have to go again soon... Weird week all in

Spolier... Did you know that in Pretty Woman the call girl gets to marry the rich man in the end? (But the nasty women in the clothes store won't let her shop there).. I REALLY do need to stop working in a girls' school. I also don't like sport of any kind and can no longer catch a ball.:oops:
I'm actually surprised there's a couple of others who haven't seen the Star Wars films. Maybe we can really wind Will Barber up again by also pointing out again that the Goonies is really really **** and I've never watched more than 20 mins of it (come to think of it I've never seen the 2nd half of the 2nd IJ film either due to the annoying small child)

watched it last night,people were cheering when the music started and the opening crawl came on the screen,quite bizzare as I would say 70% of the people there were over 40

Just noticed that JJ Abrams directed the new SW, for those that have seen it has he grown out of his crazy lens flare stage yet?

Back
Top Bottom