What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt black finish

Alan Syson

Site Supporter
As I inch forward to magic smoke time on my Fishy refurb thoughts turn to the fishing reel handle. Was going to get it chromed until perusing Pinside looking at other FT shops I spotted one finished in matt black which I preferred.
Anyone finished parts in this? Don’t think paint would be durable, enamelling?
Suppose the person to ask would be @Ant-H but all suggestions welcome,
TIA, Alan

As I inch forward to magic smoke time on my Fishy refurb thoughts turn to the fishing reel handle. Was going to get it chromed until perusing Pinside looking at other FT shops I spotted one finished in matt black which I preferred.
Anyone finished parts in this? Don’t think paint would be durable, enamelling?
Suppose the person to ask would be @Ant-H but all suggestions welcome,
TIA, Alan

Powder coating is really durable so I’d recommend that , especially over paint, plus it’s a fraction of the cost compared to chroming.

It’s perfect for games with shooter rod handles as an alternative to plating. Matt black powder coating is a standard colour so will be readily available where ever you go to get it done 👍🏻

Thanks for the replies. There are a few powder coaters local to me, I’ll check them out after the BH.

Powder coating is really durable so I’d recommend that , especially over paint, plus it’s a fraction of the cost compared to chroming.

Could do with saving a few bob. As it’s something I’ve not done before the amount of stuff I’ve had to buy has turned it into a money pit and I’m tempted to stick one of those Stumblor(?) displays in.
Thanks again, Alan

Powdering it will be the cheapest option if you want durability. And I think the XL screens look awesome in a FT 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom