What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man Overboard - A whitewater project

Yes mine are from pinball centre. These seem one product that is ok

Their quality seems to vary greatly.

Also, Other issues with stuff recently on pop fibre yokes and slingshot plungers where the holes are too small

Needed to make an opto bracket today that was missing after the previous owner used coffee tins to make custom opto mounts on the disaster drop ramp. 🙄

So had a try out with fusion 360 as my current 3d modeller is abit clunky. I like it. Made this

IMG_3673.JPG

Last edited:
Needed to make an opto bracket today that was missing after the previous owner used coffee tins to make custom opto mounts on the disaster drop ramp. 🙄

So had a try out with fusion 360 as my current 3d modeller is abit clunky. I like it. Made this

View attachment 82446
Will this be 3d printed or sent to a metal shop to create?

Will this be 3d printed or sent to a metal shop to create?

3d printed. Bracket is only for opto support and hidden away under stuff. Will br prototyped at home then sent to shapways for a quality print later. and i can choose my own colour to.

3d printed. Bracket is only for opto support and hidden away under stuff. Will br prototyped at home then sent to shapways for a quality print later. and i can choose my own colour to.

Thats pretty cool :)

More reassembly progress.

Testing the opto bracket position i designed

IMG_3698.JPG

Metal rails and posts back on. All new machine screws and bolts

IMG_3699.JPG

New white targets and orange eb target. Broken blue target at bottom also replaced with new. Not sure if i will change all the blue ones yet as the match to original isnt perfect. May try to wait for a better matched one.

IMG_3700.JPGIMG_3701.JPG

This is what the old disaster drop ramp looked like and why i've been saying 'coffee tins' This is now in the bin!! :D

fullsizeoutput_1051.jpegfullsizeoutput_104f.jpegfullsizeoutput_1050.jpeg

looking great, where do you source all the various machine screws/bolts from?

More reassembly

Disaster drop ramp. These new ramps still need some adjustment on hole positions. I can never understand why these ramps arent tested on actual games when recreated??

IMG_3722.JPGIMG_3723.JPG

Upper playfield back in with new whirlpool ramp. Still need a new coil label for the bigfoot mech!

IMG_3724.JPG

Also made an update to the star posts and rubbers on the upper playfield. Both now bolted and using double star posts. The original screw holes were stripped and worn from lots of repositioning

IMG_3725.JPGIMG_3726.JPGIMG_3727.JPGIMG_3728.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3729.JPG
    IMG_3729.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 15
More reassembly progress

Lower to upper ramp populated and popper wire form cleaned

IMG_3732.JPG

Installed

IMG_3734.JPG

IMG_3735.JPGIMG_3736.JPG

My wood rail repaired and recalled 80s style!! Just like in the factory

IMG_3737.JPGIMG_3738.JPGIMG_3739.JPGIMG_3740.JPG

First boulder to go back on

IMG_3741.JPG

Man Wh20 looks so good with new ramps and those clear pop bumper bodies. Thinking my one needs the same treatment.
I read once upon a time that someone on pinside was making a latex rubber style unbreakable boulder set. That would be damn handy.

Man Wh20 looks so good with new ramps and those clear pop bumper bodies. Thinking my one needs the same treatment.
I read once upon a time that someone on pinside was making a latex rubber style unbreakable boulder set. That would be damn handy.

Yep. i'd say if you love whitewater and will keep it forever, as new ramp set is the way to go. They are really great quality. I actually think they are clearer and more crystal then originals. I dont remember them being this good when i played them new on site, but that was 25 years ago, so maybe i forgot how nice they used to be!

And yes, go clear with teal skirts on the pops :)

More reassembly progress

Bigfoot ramp assembled

IMG_3747.JPGIMG_3748.JPGIMG_3749.JPGIMG_3750.JPG

Added to playfield. Had it off and on about 10 times to get all the other items to fit in the correct order. Pretty fiddly, not made any easier by the slightly thicker plastic on the new ramps

IMG_3754.JPGIMG_3755.JPG

Lower right ramp fitted. Holes on this and the join to the bigfoot ramp had to be counter sunk. Yikes, not an easy job on new expensive ones!!

IMG_3761.JPGIMG_3759.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3756.JPG
    IMG_3756.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 14
  • fullsizeoutput_1077.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1077.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3758.JPG
    IMG_3758.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3760.JPG
    IMG_3760.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 13
Final ramp assemby

IMG_3770.JPG
IMG_3771.JPGIMG_3772.JPG

Mounted to test alignment. Will need to remove when the boulders are ready

IMG_3777.JPGIMG_3780.JPGIMG_3781.JPG

Jim, after the outlay on the the new set of ramps, might be a good idea to invest in a set of cliffys for the ramp edges as they do get smashed easily.

Cheers

kev

Yeah i'm aware of these and used them previously. I dont like them much though as they are big and bulky and cover up artwork and the clear goodness, but they are useful. I just wonder how long before the ramps actually actually break. The targets have to get bent back quite away. Usually we are looking at ramps which are 25 +years old and have had 10000's of plays.

I really want this to look as factory as possible. There may be no choice though

Back
Top Bottom