What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Lovely Twilight Zone

Lance

Registered
Ok , I have deliberated over this , and probably going to regret it. but the bottom line is I don’t play it anymore ( more modern Sterns have taken over – currently really enjoying SM and LOTR) and though it is a beautiful machine, its has really now for me become a piece of art and that does not feel right. I managed to put it in pride of place in the Lounge , but after 6 months the wife is moaning and wants to replace it with a sofa !

I have had this machine 9 years , and has been a long part time labour of love to be completely restored. There is more stuff been done that I will have forgotten so this list is not exhaustive but from memory here goes:

Playfield.
No expense spared. I sourced a near mint playfield and then this was sent to be restored to the states by Captain Nemo . He spent a while on it and the playfield back was simply stunning. There are no insert lines, ball wears or anything on the playfield. It is pristine , shiny , clearcoated and looks new.

Cab
Was redecalled so looks new, Has latest stern metal cab leg protectors.

Chrome Kit

Silly expense or how to make a machine look stunning. It has chrome Door, New Lockdown Bar, Chrome hinges , New legs, Side rails and then all the bolts that hold them in al chromed. Shooter handle etc. So it looks stunning.

Restore work

So in the restore , stuff I know was done as it was fully stripped and a playfield swap done :

New Flipper board

New DMD board

New Clock housing and new clock board with LEDS ( white and Blue )

WPC main board was a replaced for a perfect one

New Flippers

New Rubber set

New Plastic set

New Trans light

New ramps

New Balls ( sorry just had to mention those )

Various Switches / targets replaced

In rebuild the Pops were all done and have LEDS and Bumper Skirts and Tops are the colours to match game , Orange , Yellow , Red

And... a lot of LED's put in throughout.

Tasteful Mods

Subjective I know , so its my taste :

Mr Dreads Robby Robot

Mr Dreads Slot Hole Light

Mr Dreads lighted ramps

Target decals

Gumballs in Gumball machine

Gumball light

Twilight zone sticker on Ramp diverter

Blue lighted Flipper Buttons

Backboard decal

Custom instruction and rules Apron cards

In Backbox , some blue LEDs under Twilight Zone letters. Has the LED strip that changes colour behind the door.

There you have it , I have had created a piece of art. My problem is once it goes I will never get another one like this , hence the deliberation.

So now to price. I don’t thnk I will get back what I have paid and I look at the market and machines will not be made like this again.

There's one on ebay for £7250. I think mines much nicer, last one on here in nice condition was around 3500 which was a steal. But I need to start somewhere, In no rush for a new sofa. Would really like buyer to come and see it as it is beautiful

So going to ask £4750 OBO, Straight sale so not interested in a trade
IMG_7215.JPG
IMG_7228.JPG
IMG_7231.JPG
IMG_7215.JPG
IMG_7228.JPG
IMG_7217.JPG
IMG_7218.JPG
IMG_7212.JPG
IMG_7213.JPG
IMG_7214.JPG
IMG_7219.JPG
IMG_7220.JPG
IMG_7221.JPG
IMG_7223.JPG
IMG_7226.JPG
IMG_7227.JPG
IMG_7229.JPG
IMG_7230.JPG
IMG_7232.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7216.JPG
    IMG_7216.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7237.JPG
    IMG_7237.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7240.JPG
    IMG_7240.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7241.JPG
    IMG_7241.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 29
Purty !

I sold all my classic Bally/Williams for the same reason. I had played them to death and they just became beautiful, expensive ornaments.
I sold them and bought some newer games and don't regret it for one moment. Good luck with the sale, it sure is a nice one.

You have to have broken plastics to get 7k for them or hacked up legs!!
GLWTS

Fantastic machine, I am on the look out for a TZ but need to save a little more for this little beauty :thumbs:

Mine didn't sell in the end - and I still have a crappy sofa ;-) Good luck with the sale - beautiful machine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sold , pending payment and collection and then will be making a donation. Many thanks for all the interest,

Back
Top Bottom