What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Lovely original Theatre of Magic

Max

Site Supporter
Alias
Max
Evening folks!

Up for the chop is my super tidy and completely original TOM. This was in a private games room for most (likely all) of it's life and donated to charity by the owner when he left the country, I was then offered it while I was buying another pin. It looks very much like HUO, clearly hasn't been used much. I've had it for a few months and it's been great but sadly space is limited and there are other games I want. I'll be sad to see this go as it's no doubt the nicest original B/W I'll ever own.

Since I've had it:

Stripped, cleaned and waxed pf
new rubber throughout
new balls
new pin2dmd
nos trunk
Replaced failed sound rom
Soren game ROM installed
*Scorched GI plug to be replaced before the machine leaves. Driver board pins are unmarked.

Good:

Pretty much everyhing. Pf in fantastic condition, no wear around inserts or anywhere else. Clean boards, no repairs or hacks anywhere.
Plays silky smooth, everything works as it should - no issues with the trunk or any other mechs.
No wrinkling around the legs, no knocked corners on the backbox etc.

Bad:

Some minor marks on the cab, worst of it is a couple of very light scratches on the right side - see pics.
Legs and wireforms have some minor pitting shown in the pics.
There is an extra lock on the front of the cab, I have no idea what the purpose of this is.
There is one plastic with a crack in it (the rear right curtain), sadly this happened while I was playing the game. This isn't visible with the playfield lowered but it's only right I mention it.
A few light scratches on the glass.

Really lovely condition, I doubt there many nicer original examples around. Viewing/playing welcome near sunny Skeggy, any specific pics/videos/questions then please pm me.
Martin due soon, allegedly.

Based on the one that sold on the forum a week or two ago, I'm valuing this around the 6k mark. Ideally looking for trades for one or more of the machines I'm after, any condition considered but prefer nice original, cash either way as appropriate - TS, BSD, FT, LOTR. Possibly open to other DMD B/W games.

Cheers
Max

1.JPG
2.jpg
3.JPG
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
11.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG
20.JPG
21.jpg
22.JPG
23.JPG
24.jpg
26.JPG

Last edited:
Stunning. That shooter lane is mint!

You can tell it was professionally serviced in the late 90s with those ROM upgrades and then kept and never touched again.

The cab key on the front is curious and seems to have no function and is retrofitted. The block of wood inside looks like it maybe had a microswitch fixed to it and into the coin inputs.

3-slot currency suggests Austrian Schilling. 20S was approx 50p in 1995.

Amazing find. A real treat to look at!

Thanks. It was a case of right place right time, I was buying another machine at the time from the same place in similar condition and also has the same dodgy lock fitted.. Bit of a mystery!

Just goes to show that ‘number of plays’ really doesn’t matter if a game is cared for - especially in the home environment.

This is almost 30 years old and I bet it’s had it’s fair share of plays, not that you can tell to look at it.

Just goes to show that ‘number of plays’ really doesn’t matter if a game is cared for - especially in the home environment.

This is almost 30 years old and I bet it’s had it’s fair share of plays, not that you can tell to look at it.
I’m not sure about that. I bought this blind and when it arrived it was filthy and full of spiders eggs... definitely not cared for but the shooter lane and pf suggest low plays.

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpeg
    IMG_8800.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8832.jpeg
    IMG_8832.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom