What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s all have a moan about quality issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Not sure if there is a thread already but some things just need to be said and I’ll kick off with Stern Pro Aprons.
This is my JAWS apron that looks like the decals were applied by a Mexican Stevie Wonder.

Not only that but the Apron itself is totally Cock Eyed and I’ve no idea why and @Chaggers tells me his is the very same.
I’ve hated those blown plastic things since they were first introduced but I’m sure these have seen no QC checks.

I’ll remove and see what gives as my OCD is goin nuts. Anyone have an old metal one they don’t want 😜

I have actually started to design my own replacement that should look a lot better when finished.

AA43A60D-7343-4B7F-8C29-829BA9E83728.jpeg

On the Jaws front, I'd posted this in the Orlando thread as LE#750 is @ Arcade Monsters on I-Drive where I ventured a fortnight ago.
The ball was regularly getting stuck here, and also note the thick black almost pen like ball trails on the inlane.

1713706887161.png

There’s no excuse for that to happen , but the reason it is happening is because Stern doesn’t and has never had a QC department.
When you are paying 8k for a machine the least you expect is that the decals are applied straight.

Not sure if there is a thread already but some things just need to be said and I’ll kick off with Stern Pro Aprons.
This is my JAWS apron that looks like the decals were applied by a Mexican Stevie Wonder.

Not only that but the Apron itself is totally Cock Eyed and I’ve no idea why and @Chaggers tells me his is the very same.
I’ve hated those blown plastic things since they were first introduced but I’m sure these have seen no QC checks.

I’ll remove and see what gives as my OCD is goin nuts. Anyone have an old metal one they don’t want 😜

I have actually started to design my own replacement that should look a lot better when finished.

View attachment 250293
Can you easily get the decals?
I tried for a stern machine and couldn't. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place 🤷‍♂️

Pretty bad, anyhow.

As above 👆 I’ve refit them but the apron itself is sill wonky I’ll look at it some point next week.

@Colywobbles = I do have a stern pro apron. No metal ones.
Looking at those decals it looks like they are from a 2000 era stern machine. Print quality itself is awful.
Think I would rather have a plain apron and without that insider rubbish on it.
The apron I have I do not think it is cut for a QR reader.

My NIB Metallica had the sparky target and the left loop wiring swapped around, so a left loop triggered sparky and a hit to sparky the game thought I'd hit the left loop!

NIB CCr the clowns had folded the back box down and snagged the cable bunch, so much so it ripped out connectors in the back-box and broke cables! So non-working out of the box.

Easy to complain - Not going to point everything in a big setup like Stern

I've had plenty of issues with Stern over the years but they have always done good by me... Via @philpalmer great customer service

Why say Mexican Stevie Wonder? Is that meant to imply Mexicans are worse at doing a job?

David

P.S. Thanks for deleting your reply to this.

Last edited:
My reply was unfortunately deleted so my humour lost on the PC / WOKE brigade yet again.

Anyhow apologies again no malice was intended whatsoever and anyone who knows me can vouch I’m far from racist just an old school bloke stuck in his ways.
I must try harder I guess or maybe just stop posting for fear of upsetting people.

Don’t worry my 12yr old son puts me in my place regularly when I do slip up.

As for using the word Mexican I was referring to the fact they probably use the cheap labour that have jumped the border as many stateside company’s have been seen to be employing.

Either way whoever is working in these pins have Zero pride in their work.

Another good watch to see how little they appear to care for the products they build is the shorts on youtube where they pack them in the boxes, every one I have seen when they put it in the box they use the pallet truck under one of the sides of the box that says "Do No Truck" on the side, and I think its always the head side.

LIke this one.

My reply was unfortunately deleted so my humour lost on the PC / WOKE brigade yet again.

Anyhow apologies again no malice was intended whatsoever and anyone who knows me can vouch I’m far from racist just an old school bloke stuck in his ways.
I must try harder I guess or maybe just stop posting for fear of upsetting people.

Thanks for your apology, Colin . Just to address your reply, using racist words is NEVER a slip, woke or PC, it's completely inappropriate. Your deleted post is currently under review

I think most people understood your Mexican reference, for any that didn’t it’s just that the bulk of Sterns assembly staff are Mexican

As for using the word Mexican I was referring to the fact they probably use the cheap labour that have jumped the border as many stateside company’s have been seen to be employing.

Either way whoever is working in these pins have Zero pride in their work.
I thought you had reread your post and deleted it after consideration.......

So Mexican implies illegal immigrant, hmmm. Also they get the blame for zero pride and how much pride should they have as cheap labour?

Blame Stern not individuals on the shop floor.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom