What's new

Leg Protectors Newer Sterns?

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
Gents,
Is there any need for leg protectors on newer Stern builds?
I noticed the cabinets have plastics around the bolts housings.
Do you still feel the need to double up?
If so which protectors are best?
Cheers in advance đź‘Ť

On my GOT, there are metal plates, so they are protected and haven’t added leg protectors.

Not sure when they started using this though.

Gents,
Is there any need for leg protectors on newer Stern builds?
I noticed the cabinets have plastics around the bolts housings.
Do you still feel the need to double up?
If so which protectors are best?
Cheers in advance đź‘Ť

No need at all probably make things worse the reason they have the metal or plastic part is to space the leg away from the cab and decal

Yeah I bought some but decided not to install them, as the plastic that comes already installed is good enough to protect the artwork.

If you're looking for something to do, you might want to consider replacing the leg plates on the inside of the cabinet for larger units.

These are much bigger than the stock plates that came with my Ghostbusters and provide additional strength to the corners of the cabinet. Maybe overkill, but you don't have to look far on the internet to find examples of people that have had the corners of their Stern cabs split.

Thanks for the input @nugat, my NIB modern Sterns have come with largish bracket plates on the front of the cabs but funny how they didn’t do the same at the rear. Not sure if the rear cab suffers the same fate though with splits.....

Back
Top Bottom