What's new

Ladies' habits?

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
I've got a nice collection of pinball machines, but Mrs Mfresh steadfastly refuses to play any of them, with the exception of TAF, which she will play about once a year, and only because that's the one that we used to play in a pub together way back in the early 90s.

So I was just wondering if this is a common experience - do many of the WAGs of the blokes on this forum (and it is mostly blokes) play pinball machines regularly, or is it more common that they largely ignore the fact that they have magnificent machines they can play at any time right in their homes or pin sheds?

My wife doesn't play them either. She has one go when a new machine arrives and then just mutters and moans about them now and again.

Mine will play them once or twice a year, then it's only a game or 2. I' told that they'e to loud and too bright!

She's got her horses, which I do as little as possible with, just moving round bails of hay when I need to. Filling the water butt and driving the horses round in a trailer when needed.

Yes we're both happy most of the time, just we could both do with more money for our hobbies/lifestyles!

The only pinball my wife will play is Badcats, I was lucky enough to find one earlier this year having sold our previous BC over ten years ago. She says it’s the subject and NO multiball!! I actually love the game too as it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine likes playing (now and again) but she hates watching and waiting for her next ball. She prefers a one player game to a multiplayer.

Mine has absolutely no interest in pinball

If a load of folk come over she might have a game of paragon to "fit in". I would be surprised if she played 6 games a year.

When I get a new one she’ll have a few games, but no lasting interest unfortunately - her normal assessment is that they’re all too hard!

She does like playing my dads MM occasionally though.

My other half likes pinball and is quite happy to have them in the house which is all good for me, but saying that she very rarely plays them.
She hasn’t even played ST yet as she has no interest in the theme. Typical casual player attitude :D.
She is always bugging me to get MB as that is her favourite. I’m sure if I got it she wouldn’t play it much anyway.
We have a MAME arcade cabinet which she prefers and plays quite often.

mine will only play secretly when I am not there. She hates being given tips or advice.

Mine will play them once or twice a year, then it's only a game or 2. I' told that they'e to loud and too bright!

She's got her horses, which I do as little as possible with, just moving round bails of hay when I need to. Filling the water butt and driving the horses round in a trailer when needed.

Yes we're both happy most of the time, just we could both do with more money for our hobbies/lifestyles!
Bloody hell its like a mirror of my own life!

IMG_2470.JPG When I first met my partner she wasn't into pins.
But I changed that.
She just took delivery of a nice funhouse which she has been chasing for a few years as well.

My wife loves Pinball but hates the fact she isn’t as good as she thinks she needs to be! She has traveled with me to pinburgh and a load of other Pinball places, bought me a couple of machines and has lost the plot on my new pinshed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine has no interest. Maybe if they came with free pair of shoes or by getting GC won you a Mulberry bag things may be a little different.

It's also a shame that the games don't communicate with each other and have decent speech. If my TAF told her Gomez was cheating on Morticia with the Dolly Parton pin down the road and that the latest gossip was that 'Roger' from sharp shooter was involved with one of the guys in Star Trek but really it's a cover up as their drinking way too much worrying about the walking dead........................she'd listen.

Mine is definitely a keeper, no mods, minor wear around the scoop, slightly rusty legs, cabinet bottom has some mild sagging and hasn't had balls in her for years and now fails to turn on, but sat in the corner still a charming reminder of the glory days when I used to nudge heavily for hours....

Mine doesn't really have an interest but when we are at a mates place she plays Medieval madness, Bride of Pinbot and Banzai Run and ask why I can't have those games as she would play more often. I say I like the games I have and I'm not selling the lot to get those ones. NB: I sold the banzai to my mate to lower credit card debt but the next weekend bought a 60" plasma tv....

The only interest mine has is “when are you going to get that thing put back together so I can have my kitchen back”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom