What's new

Labyrinth, from Barrels of fun!

Looks great. I'm not brave enough to order one given the unknowns but I might regret that later.
LUDO!

I’ll follow…..
Think I was like 15/16 yrs old when movie came out.
Remember loads of people jumping on the bandwagon cause Bowie was in it.
Movie sucked ass big time.
Kinda like when Bowie snuffed it, the candle lit vigils were held by millennials who only knew Bowie from the movie after watching it with their dad. 😃
🍿 🍿

This looks absolutely sensational got to catch up on all the videos and promo pics but on first impressions what an incredible effort for a first release. I'm really praying this works out for them, love the movie and would love to see these land in the UK.

Obvs a lot of work gone into it and lots of people gonna be very happy .

I’m not that fussed on the theme , it’s just an 80s curio to me , and personally I can’t get far past the annoying squeaky voice call outs and the fact that it looks like a kiddies play set 😅

Coming soon …. Sylvanian Familes 😃

11EF24E9-8DC9-4BB4-B6AD-AA64141FF02E.jpeg

5F6457BF-C979-4ABE-862E-16C98A41DBB5.jpeg

For those reasons I’m out , though tbf Im never in when it comes to NIB .

Last edited:
The elephant in the room is 'have they got manufacturing sorted?'. There have been many impressive releases where they have fallen down on actually building them.

If I was interested in this I'd want to know a lot more about that side of it.

I think, if I was retired with cash and had a big pinshed out back, I’d definitely be interested in preordering this one. It looks professional, the promotion has been well done, and the theme definitely speaks to me. From the article, it looks like they’ve done the work to get some pins out the door.

The problem with all these boutique pins, for me, is that I’m gameplay focused and they’re competing on gameplay with everything made in the last forty years. There are a lot of ‘okay’ pins out there and we only have so much space. Most of the trailer was focused on the toys and, although having Bowen Kerins involved is a good sign, he doesn’t have Elwin’s track record on design. So, until I see a playthough and, ideally (ha ha) play one, I’m not going to be able to form an opinion. It’s very much ‘do I want to sell an existing pin I’ve played a zillion times to buy this’ and, due to the business model, they’ll be unbuyable and as rare as hen’s teeth by the time I can make that decision.

The trailer reminds me of this on Pinball FX, for some reason:

Which is cute, quirky, shoots well - but not a big ‘wow’.

Hope one reaches the UK, anyway… so, people with bigger budgets (and collections), this is on you now :)

Last edited:
I ****ing love everything about this! Some serious experience behind the scenes, inc Bowen, an absolute marketing masterclass, zero leaks then wham! Teaser, trailer, mod videos, Bowen tutorial soon!

One game, looks to be a world under glass that must have been in the making for ages and thought about so carefully on all levels before the reveal, art blades, no 2d plastics etc but some extra bling if you want it, but within the 4 walls under the glass no changes. I wish these guys 1000% success and absolutely love their timing too! Just before Elton and possibly Jaws, bravo sirs, well played indeed!..:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I ****ing love everything about this! Some serious experience behind the scenes, inc Bowen, an absolute marketing masterclass, zero leaks then wham! Teaser, trailer, mod videos, Bowen tutorial soon!

One game, looks to be a world under glass that must have been in the making for ages and thought about so carefully on all levels before the reveal, art blades, no 2d plastics etc but some extra bling if you want it, but within the 4 walls under the glass no changes. I wish these guys 1000% success and absolutely love their timing too! Just before Elton and possibly Jaws, bravo sirs, well played indeed!..:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are you still Friday nighting ? 😀

I had a feeling this theme might make a good pin. Will appeal to kids and adults alike. Dare I say I’d prefer this over Scooby and Pulp Fiction..

Scooby looks good from the outside. The difficulty is made for children unfortunately.

Pulp fiction is going to go down as peoples favourites and a much well sought after game compared to this and most others.

I would rather play that and there's not many I just have to rush out and play these days. Got literally nothing coming from stern, if you've played one you've played them all feeling with stern.

Pulp fiction is really like a breath of fresh air in the way of recent themes. This game won't touch it.

1697273446300.png

Scooby looks good from the outside. The difficulty is made for children unfortunately.

Pulp fiction is going to go down as peoples favourites and a much well sought after game compared to this and most others.
Has anyone actually played Pulp Fiction yet? I’ve played Scooby - it’s like Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle if it had boring shots.

Has anyone actually played Pulp Fiction yet? I’ve played Scooby - it’s like Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle if it had boring shots.

You wouldn't be the first to say that it does look very similar. Mostly down to how they've covered the top 1/3 of playfield with castle walls.

I don't think many people have got it yet but they must have sold most of them by now. Loads of gameplay since last year.

It's an alphanumeric flatbed game and people are all over it in 2023, same for TNA, much less cost to produce, they're the winners.

1697275699673.png

I cannot see "Sarah" anywhere but I suppose this is an "ALL NEW" adventure. She's a VIP to the movie and should be to the game but maybe you're just left with Bowie and the Trolls and their adventures of hitting 1 of 30 red targets.

Should have called it Bowie goes to Fraggle Rock.

First impression are that it looks fun and I really can’t fault the way it’s been released and promoted.

I’ve never seen the film but those call outs 😱. That squeaky voice would drive me absolutely insane before the end of the first day.

My face watching all those little goblin dolls or whatever the hell they are popping up with ‘amusing’ call outs 😬

Yeah the voices are pretty nasty, cheap. They could have got away with this better if it was an original theme, it looks like a step up from Punny Factory.

They even have two LCD displays here as well, which is no need for that for the majority of people, one or the other and more cost.

bowie-trolls.gif

Labyrinth is on Netflix at the moment for those who haven't seen it, although I'd imagine if you don't have any ties or nostalgia to it then it's probably pretty naff to fresh eyes, watched it again last night and it's a total 80s cheesefest and still love it as much as I did as a kid.

There are a lot of ‘okay’ pins out there and we only have so much space.

Well this is it, more are coming out than they were 10 years ago. More choice to hold fire and pick a game you really like and one that you can move on easily if you ever needed to.

Most of the trailer was focused on the toys and, although having Bowen Kerins involved is a good sign, he doesn’t have Elwin’s track record on design. So, until I see a playthough and, ideally (ha ha) play one, I’m not going to be able to form an opinion. It’s very much ‘do I want to sell an existing pin I’ve played a zillion times to buy this’ and, due to the business model, they’ll be unbuyable and as rare as hen’s teeth by the time I can make that decision.

Most companies have good players on board now, Bowen did a lot of promoting for Full Throttle and I think that helps a lot when you have decent players that can make it look fun. They don't always make good games though I think they're going too deep in the rules made for the home market for 2 hour 3 ball games.

If you buy a movie pin, you want the movie, you want to play the movie, you want the movie in a box, you want as much as possible from the assets and not spin offs different actor voices etc. Impossible to get in most cases but if you can't then leave it alone. Take the best selling as an example Addams family made when the movie came out, hype train is there, license and actors are all game for it as well.

Pulp fiction is almost the movie in a box without movie clips and the cab looks decent. You would shift that on quicker if didn't like the game.

Looks good but prefer something more adult themed myself.
Hopefully this gets done one day😁 (Homepin😂)

1697280211221.jpeg

Labyrinth is on Netflix at the moment for those who haven't seen it, although I'd imagine if you don't have any ties or nostalgia to it then it's probably pretty naff to fresh eyes, watched it again last night and it's a total 80s cheesefest and still love it as much as I did as a kid.
Can’t remember… was this definitely PG rated?
B11A0347-F49B-48EC-882C-D410BF943384.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom