What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Joynes & Sons (Steve)

strobey

Site Supporter
Alias
Tim
Just found my old Pinbot manual, and although it's a copy, it's got some cool nostalgic notes in the front cover.

Notice they're still going too - maybe I'll post it on :)

Tim

20161123_132155.jpg
20161123_133539.jpg

Reactions: JT.
Its cool when you find something like that, I brought my Flintstones from Wizard Amusements in London, they brought it new and it has all its original documents including every site its been on written inside the manual, I seem to remember it was in the Dorchester at some point :)

Its cool when you find something like that, I brought my Flintstones from Wizard Amusements in London, they brought it new and it has all its original documents including every site its been on written inside the manual, I seem to remember it was in the Dorchester at some point :)

That's my old employer, so I would have unpacked and tweaked that Flintstones when new. I don't recall ever making a record of any games' travels in the manual though - its 1st placement was The Windmill, Hounslow. Did you take it with the promise of no comeback? While I was working there, private sales were off the radar, after I was wheel-clamped in Chelsea while on a call-out to one such game. After that, pins that had done the rounds were usually sold to the late Bob Thomson.

The guy that ran it (Roy, Ray?) Was selling the business and I think he was just getting cash for some of the stock. I got it through a friend who used to shop games for him, I remember him doing a MB and he had a MM off him. Brief reply, im on my phone!

Maybe there was another company with the same name, then. The owner when I was involved was Ken Berry, who founded the POA in the 1970's. A strip-down & rebuild after every placement was done in-house by me (while I was there), at the depot in Surbiton/Kingston on Thames.

Back
Top Bottom