What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judge Dredd wtf

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Apologies for the long post. Went to look at a mates JD earlier. Test report says 5 switches aren't working. None of them are in the same column or row. Go into switch test and none register at all although there is power showing. Not one coil is working either inc the flippers. Forgot to check whether there was power there as was in a rush but when I grounded drive transistor tabs quite a few made the planet motor and crane move, other tabs did nothing. Where the hell do i start on this. Ken

Just repair it as if one switch is not working. Fix that and the rest may also be resolved. What are the switch numbers?

Could be loss if 12v on the opti circuit if the missing switches are Optos. Would explain no flippers.

Judge Dredd is one of the first 'Williams' games with a solenoid/flashbulb power cut-out operated by the coin door, but AIR on some earlier editions there's no message alert when the door's opened.

I forgot to mention all the fuses are ok. Removed each one to test. From what I remember sw no's are 15-66-67-68 and one other I cant remember. Think the 3 together are drop targets

Get the manual out Ken. I assume you mean 56 57 58. They are all on the same column so could be a column problem. They're also Optos so could be a 12v opto problem. Just Attack it one switch at a time and the rest will follow or they're unrelated.

Can you recall what software edition it's fitted with? There's an early program, L 3 I think, which has an 'insoluble' switch report, since the switch concerned, L. Ramp Enter, isn't actually fitted at all.

Update but not a very useful one. Thanks for the replies. Just been up to get the actual sw no's and check a few things only to find my aforementioned m8 has gone Skeggy till Sunday night so it'll be mon now before I can do anything. Makes you wonder why you bother at times.

Just been sent this by the guys brother.
15 l/shoot
52 r/sling
56 g of judge
58 e of judge
63 l/ramp

EPROM is V7
Still can't get to look at the m/c

Ok so it looks like it was ribbon cables and possibly a bad fuse holder causing the problems.
Now working apart from the upper right flipper which kicks out then judders and drops back. Cleaned the button opto's and then swapped opto boards and still the same. Is it the eos sw which looks new. Coil readings are good so don't think there's a broken wire

Ok so it looks like it was ribbon cables and possibly a bad fuse holder causing the problems.
Now working apart from the upper right flipper which kicks out then judders and drops back. Cleaned the button opto's and then swapped opto boards and still the same. Is it the eos sw which looks new. Coil readings are good so don't think there's a broken wire

Sounding like a fliptronic transistor failing to me...

Right, just installed another working fliptronic board and still the same so that leaves the coil and/or the eos sw ?
P.s in flipper test it seems ok. Poxy thing

Back
Top Bottom