What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JP2 Multiball "Cough"

DaveA

Site Supporter
Started to notice minor teething issue with JP2 Premium when in Raptor/CHAOS multiball when get 3-4 balls in play. When balls are draining within the reset time (shoot again flashing light lit) I am noticing a bit of a "cough" when the machine is popping the next ball into the shooter lane. It feels like it takes a couple of attempts sometimes to get the lost ball back into the shooter lane, hence the "cough". Jp2 is a 6 ball game and this only seems to happen in 3-4 multiball rather than if you drain with only 1 ball in play. Bit weird.
Nothing immediately obviously wrong on lifting the playfield.
Any suggestions? Thanks

In guessing you've turned the shooter kick out power down from factory (to protect the shooter lane).
While this isn't causing any problems when the machine isn't doing anything else when there are multiple balls on the playfirld triggering slingshots, pop bumpers and the like there is slightly more power being drawn and thus the shooter lane kick out isn't powerful enough to get the ball from the trough in one go.
Turn the trough eject power up slightly and you'll be good to go.

In guessing you've turned the shooter kick out power down from factory (to protect the shooter lane).
While this isn't causing any problems when the machine isn't doing anything else when there are multiple balls on the playfirld triggering slingshots, pop bumpers and the like there is slightly more power being drawn and thus the shooter lane kick out isn't powerful enough to get the ball from the trough in one go.
Turn the trough eject power up slightly and you'll be good to go.
Thanks, yep something and nothing as I though it may be (though hadnt noticed it as much when the game was new in my house, possibly as wasnt hitting multiballs that often 🤪

Previous owner had moved it to 175 from a default of 225 so will tinker with that upwards until satisfied the cough medicine has worked.

Thanks mate!

Back
Top Bottom