What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JM Knocker

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Just a quick one because I think I'm being a bit dopey! Somebody at some stage unplugged the knocker on my JM but for the life of me I cannot see where it is supposed to plug back in. Anybody got any ideas? :)

i.imgur.com_lByP5KJ.jpg

All fixed, simple as somebody had hidden the wire behind a whole load of other wires out of sight! Traced it from the plug you said it should be and all plugged back on and working again now :) (You can probably see it in the first picture actually, teach me to use my eyes next time!!!)

i.imgur.com_NHLQXbM.jpg

Somebody at some stage unplugged the knocker on my JM

It may never have been connected before, since uk-spec* WMS games at that time were supplied with a coin meter connected instead of the knocker. I've always felt that pinball isn't right without a knocker (though a few early solid-state games were built totally without one), so while preparing machines for their first site I'd connect the knocker and remove the meter, along with its leads running from the cabinet to a 2-pin connector which mated with the plug your game had tucked away.

It's good that the knocker is working as intended; if the pricing scheme still had it configured for a meter it wouldn't appear in the solenoid test or operate for a replay award, but would knock when coin inputs were registered.

* the 2nd & 3rd digits of the 'plastic' serial number label indicate the territory the game was intended for; if those are the games' original Cpu/Fliptronic boards, the #10## ###### labels show it's uk production. I think '07' was France, and I'm sure '13' was Holland.

Last edited:
It may never have been connected before, since uk-spec* WMS games at that time had a coin meter connected instead of the knocker. * the 2nd & 3rd digits of the serial number indicate the territory the game was intended for; if those are the games' original Cpu/Fliptronic boards, the #10## ###### labels show it's uk production.

Another little titbit of information I never knew. It does appear in the solenoid test (quite clearly said 'KNOCKER' rather than coin meter or anything else) which was how I was able to verify it worked but I haven't played enough games yet to hear it work for a replay but I know for a fact it works. I will have a look at the serial next time I'm at the back of the game, would be interesting to know!

There should be another serial number label inside the cabinet, on the right. I think that by then the label even stated the date of production (for reference with any service bulletins) and the type of coin door originally fitted, e.g. 'UK ECA' (Electronic Coin Acceptor).

Last edited:
Stern are the worst with that god awful electronic sounding knocker!!!! Rather have no knocker than the electronic one stern do!:tut:

Back
Top Bottom