What's new

JJP GNR Pinball

New code seems to be well underway, finally, including at least one item from my wishlist: a high score table for biggest jackpot losers!

So how far are they going with this? Is it a total revamp of the rules? Multiball changes?
No one knows. So far he’s adjusting song scoring and has added the aforementioned losers table. But he’s stressed that this is just the first stage.
Very glad it’s getting some more code love though 👍
In my opinion it really just needs some score balancing and something to make Slash Solo not quite so suicidal.
And maybe make the 2-ball booster multiballs not quite so essential for getting a good song score.

This is great news 👍🏻 my GNR is leaving today (in a strict 1 pin setup, I just fancy something different), but IMHO it's the most impressive looking game (better than Elton John), and from I've played of EJ (which I liked) Gun's has more to it and some day people will realise how great it is. Updated code will only help with that 👍🏻
Enjoy!

This is great news 👍🏻 my GNR is leaving today (in a strict 1 pin setup, I just fancy something different), but IMHO it's the most impressive looking game (better than Elton John), and from I've played of EJ (which I liked) Gun's has more to it and some day people will realise how great it is. Updated code will only help with that 👍🏻
Enjoy!
It's a great game, actually one I'm contemplating buying in the future

Was playing GnR with the latest beta code last nite after a long break from it. They are definitely getting there with it. It finally feels like a complete game. Sound quality has improved along with flipper feel. Dare I say it felt a bit too strong! Scoring is more balanced and some new scoring boards..

Any of you GnR owners in need of a topper? More pics in my post in the machines for sale section. Asking £85 plus postage. PM me if interested, thanks.
IMG_5744.jpeg

==============================================================================
== Version 03.00 May 2, 2024 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 61b9c13add1c412a148eee5abb0fc558 ==
==============================================================================
- note: this is available in a "full" install release only

=== Game Code
* Lots of scoring changes and balancing in Song and Album modes
* Changed scoring and rules for Slash Solo
* Mystery "light song" no longer immediately starts song
* Updated display and lamp FX for Desert Demolition
* Changed lamp FX in It's So Easy to run only when shot advances mode
* Changed score display song level to better match reality
* Tweaked timing of Mystery sound FX
+ Added "Biggest Loser" Champ for uncollected Song Mode jackpot
+ Added some adjustments for some game options

=== Core Code
* Updated OS
+ Added support for WiFi adapters using RTL8821cu chipset
+ Added Start Button "End Game" adjustment to allow ending a game by holding left
flipper button and start button
+ Added display message for security key not installed

Glad the code is still being tweaked as this game is on my most wanted list 🤩
Never really gelded with the ones I have played but think this game maybe better to enjoy at home 🤞

Glad the code is still being tweaked as this game is on my most wanted list 🤩
Never really gelded with the ones I have played but think this game maybe better to enjoy at home 🤞
It's fantastic at home, I'm not a massive guns and roses fan but the music really works with this machine, it's also not axel live it's the recordings so sounds great, originally I thought it being a concert footage game from the 2016 concert that it would be the band live and axel voice now live isn't great. It definitely needs the volume up load the call outs are required to get anywhere

Last edited:
I have a league meet tomorrow, do I update the code, all previous updates from memory were issue free? Anyone encountered problems updating GnR code?

Funny you should say that, when we set it up on harder settings for the comp, top players were complaining that they were not getting multi balls ?

Unless they're reduced the amount of multiballs in this game, it will still be a turd.
Have you played the ones set up for tournament? You have to qualify everything before you get in spitting distance of a multiball and it's a fun game. My complaints about it are a) I don't like Guns n' Roses, b) I don't like Guns n' Roses, and c) the insert lighting provides NO information. Also, the flippers are a bit soft on the ones I've played.

I thought this was a general chat thread about JJP GnR Pinball that could be joined by anyone for both opinions, pet peaves, issues, updates, etc and not a thread exclusively just for owners of the pin is it?

Any opinions can be completely ignored and dont require owners/fans to defend the pin against them.

Back
Top Bottom