What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale JJP Flipper/70V Upgrade Kits/Fitting service

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

As ive been threatening over the last few weeks, I'm now in a position to be able to Supply/Supply and fit these. I now have ample stock on hand (didnt want to offer something when I didnt have all the parts here!)

For those that dont know....

JJP recently released an updated IO Driver board (For $400) that has been used in recent games including Toy Story 4, The Godfather, and Elton John. This board is almost identical to the existing board, with the exception of the capacitors (C701, and C702) used for the 70V power section which is used for driving the high powered solenoids, as well as the flippers.
This mod supplies more power to all the 70 Volt coils on the game. You can look in the manual to see what coils are driven by 70 Volts. For Dialed In as an example, almost all the coils are driven by the 70 V supply including pop bumpers, magnets, scoop eject, ball launch, etc. In fact, the only coils not affected on Dialed In are the slingshot coils and the station lock release which are driven off of the 20 Volt supply, which is not enhanced by this mod. On Guns & Roses, all coils are 70 Volt except for the slingshots.

This has been tested on the following Games :

- Guns N Roses
- Dialed In!
- Wonka
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Wizard of Oz
- Hobbit

These games already have the updated design and do not require any modifications:

-Toy Story 4
-The Godfather
-Elton John

It is possible to retrofit existing older IO Driver boards with these new capacitors which provides the same benefit as the newly designed board, at a fraction of the cost.

Due to the dimensional differences between the old and new capacitors, the new capacitors are too large to mount directly on the board. A custom engineered standoff was designed to raise the new capacitor above the board.
Features of this standoff include:
  • The base matches the existing footprint of the older capacitor, ensuring that surrounding components on the board are not damaged, or obscured.
  • Provides an air gap between the surrounding bridge rectifiers and the capacitors. This prevents the heat generated by the bridge rectifiers from conducting to the capacitors.
  • Provides accessibility to the surrounding fuses.
  • The top matches the diameter of the new capacitors to maximize surface area for maximum adhesion between the capacitor and the standoff.

I propose two options :

Supply only -

This Kit contains everything needed to replace the 2 3300uF capacitors with larger 6800uF versions including
  • 2 Complete capacitor assemblies
    • Includes
      • High quality capacitors (Predominently CDE)
      • Custom engineered stand offs to accommodate the larger capacitors.
      • Solid Copper wire leads which are pre-soldered to the capacitors.
      • Bottom copper leads which can be directly soldered into the board.
The Kit is £50 Shipped to mainland UK.

WARNING : There are inherant risks changing these yourself (Uses Snap-on Capacitors, meaning you could strip the through-holes on the board if care is not taken. If you have little experience in working with these then I would suggest the option below). Kits are supplied at your own risk, and we are not responsible for damage to your board should you break it!

Supply and Fit -

I am offering the kit + installation service for only £125 inc return shipping to you. You will need to remove the board to ship, and pack well in a suitable box. I would also suggest shipping insured.
Once I receive your board, I will start working on it that day for minimal downtime.
After I am done with the installation, I will send the board back and you will be all set!

If you are interested, please drop me a PM and i will get back to you with further instructions.
1709305943647.jpeg

1709306015344.png

Standard Disclaimer: We cannot be responsible for any damage or issues that may occur as a result of this modification. It is based on concepts derived from crowdsourced material and has not been approved by JJP. No guarantees are made regarding the resulting functionality or impact to the installed machine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom