What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

I’ve all but finished a full JAWS set of protectors and was wondering if any owners have had airballs around the fishing reel.
Someone stateside has made a airball protector that sits between the targets but I thought integrating it into my reel plastic may be a better solution.
@Chaggers my next door neighbour said he has actually experienced a few airball in that area so could be an option.
Any owners feedback appreciated 🙏

Black line is original and blue my 1.5mm oversize one with extended protection at the targets.
The right one is how I intend to make as proto for @Chaggers to test for me. It will also make the protector a lot stronger at the targets.
IMG_3379.jpeg

I can see these being damaged down the line pun intended.
IMG_3380.jpeg

I’ve all but finished a full JAWS set of protectors and was wondering if any owners have had airballs around the fishing reel.
Someone stateside has made a airball protector that sits between the targets but I thought integrating it into my reel plastic may be a better solution.
@Chaggers my next door neighbour said he has actually experienced a few airball in that area so could be an option.
Any owners feedback appreciated 🙏

Black line is original and blue my 1.5mm oversize one with extended protection at the targets.
The right one is how I intend to make as proto for @Chaggers to test for me. It will also make the protector a lot stronger at the targets.
View attachment 247798

I can see these being damaged down the line pun intended.
View attachment 247799

I’ve watched a lot of streams of jaws col and I can confirm have seen a lot of balls hit the metal rail right in front of the reel and fly up, oftern landing on surrounding plastic and rolling back down to the pf.

This seems like a great idea col.

Did you get chance to compare my set to the pro?

Up to now there doesn’t seem any difference to pro TBH although I’ve a couple left to do tomorrow.
BTW the person that drew and cut your set needs either a set of new specs or maybe needs to take a little more time and have some pride in his work. I’ll say no more 😦

I’ve done mine from the original Pro set loaned from @malcolmplaster 🙏 but I’ll compare to yours when finished.

🤞 Hopefully my set will be fitted some point tomorrow night to check for fit and to see if any issues crop up.

BTW the person that drew and cut your set needs either a set of new specs or maybe needs to take a little more time and have some pride in his work. I’ll say no more 😦

Oh dear 🙈 that’s not good is it. Looks like I’ll defo be needing a set from you col 🙏

Oh dear 🙈 that’s not good is it. Looks like I’ll defo be needing a set from you col 🙏
Always get your plastics and protectors from Col, none of the US suppliers take the time and care that Col does.

There was even one guy a few years ago stateside cutting protectors by hand, they where that bad they would of looked smoother made from broken glass 😂

Managed a few game on the Jaws premium at Funland yesterday.

It's okay, some quite tight shots and a bit hard to follow sometimes because the inserts are so far back on the playfield.

Not great flow for me, could just be me. A lot of movies scenes - but I could skip those. Not a fan of Drefuss's call outs.

I think you need a fair bit of time to master the shots to get a good flow going. Could be good if the code keeps progressing.

The playfield didn't feel that empty because you're always looking so far back. Definitely not as empty as the Venom pro I played afterwards.

Not. As good as Foo Fighters for me.

Also played Bond 60th there - which was good but 25k it ain't.

Attachments

• 20240402_154035.jpg
    20240402_154035.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 14
Really enjoyed this one -

Good to see how they come up with some ideas and tweaked bits.

I'm quite proud of how far my CAD work has come, but this is on another level.

Gotta get there.

Favour to ask - has anyone got a Jaws close to the London area that I could get some time on in the next few weeks?

I'd like to do some in game filming for a new mod I've been working on.

One of my users recently asked me to make some custom cards for him. Until he asked me for them, I didn't know this pinball existed. This was a couple of months ago.

IMPORTANT: The current configuration of the forum causes the images to be poor in quality. To see my screenshots and my photographs in high definition, use my links hosted on my own hosting!!!

"Jaws Pinball Custom Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
Jaws-Pinball-Custom-Card-Rules-Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Jaws Pinball Custom Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
Jaws-Pinball-Custom-Card-Rules-Mikonos2.jpg

"Jaws Pinball Custom Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
Jaws-Pinball-Custom-Card-Free-Play-Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Jaws Pinball Custom Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
Jaws-Pinball-Custom-Card-Free-Play-Mikonos2.jpg

Last edited:
Posting this here as the Jaws pins have been arriving in the UK.

I've got a few more Gary Mods left that I'm planning to sell before moving onto other stuff so anyone interested on this forum can get one for 55£ (down from 75£) + shipping.
Can do with or without custom text on the tube.

Happy JAWS days to the new owners!

Jaws_Gary_Mod.jpg

Ok here is something cool i think we will all like ..

Mirroed stern jaws backglasses...

I believe these will be the same as the RFM ones i was showing earlier. £300 plus shipping. Not cheap but quality items, and in the context of the game costs not bad.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-20 at 19.36.12.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-04-20 at 19.36.13 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-04-20 at 19.36.13.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-04-20 at 19.36.13 (2).jpeg

Finally got to play Jaws at Funland at the weekend.

Apart from the place being closed when I turned up for a kids party and then not re-opening when it was supposed to as the party was extended (note - don't go at the weekend), I finally got in and had a few games on Jaws. Thought it was excellent. Obviously still don't know the code/rules yet but the shots we great, layout great and just felt 'right'. Imagine all those on here that have one are extremely pleased. Another Elwin classic.

As a side note, loaded some credits into Bond 60th only to plunge the ball to find it broken with rubbers broken and the balls getting permanently stuck on the playfield. Bloke next to e commented that it's always broken. Some of the other machines weren't playing well either so doubt if I'll make the trip again.

To be clear i haven't created these, i am just sharing the info to see if there's a purchase opportunity for us in the uk. They are made in europe

and yes i dont like the jaws at the sides either!! lol

Last edited:
To be clear i haven't created these, i am just sharing the info to see if there's a purchase opportunity for us in the uk. They are made in europe

and yes i dont like the jaws at the sides either!! lol
If you can maybe feed that back in Jim, I would certainly be up for a pro (movie poster) version if it was a copy of the Stern translite logo and all,

Back
Top Bottom