What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

I’ve got one of the complete spinners here in hand, I can post pictures later for everyone to see exactly what the difference is.

Johns is bloody lovely as expected, he knows how to make a quality piece of kit, not to mention from the video I’ve seen it spins for days.
That would be great thank you

I agree, I’ve played some more after posting and it’s pretty consistent now.

I have spoken to John now at Precision pinball and he is going to ship directly as the Europe distributor won’t be carrying them.

Does anyone want a set or two? Helps break the shipping up. He hasn’t given me a cost yet but the prices on his pinsite are as follows

Replacement Disc Complete, Main Playfield - $61.50

Replacement Disc Complete, Upper Playfield $57.50

Replacement Bushing for upper or main playfields - $33.50

John gave us a discount on flipper sets at TPF as we bought quite a few off him.

Maybe he will do a deal if we can get to say 5 orders minimum? I think that’s what was needed at TPF for the discount.

I’d be interested in the main PF one and a bushing.

That would be great thank you
This is the production version, I don’t think John will mind me showing this as it’s already been shown somewhat on Pinside.

Gorgeous craftsmanship and an absolute must in my opinion, as it removes the bad stern design that’s certainly going to damage balls.

Attachments

• 33B0DC33-28D6-4619-AD77-E005A6A035F3.jpeg
    33B0DC33-28D6-4619-AD77-E005A6A035F3.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 14
  • 00FF71AB-4352-40D9-8F1B-A2CB83CC7B9D.jpeg
    00FF71AB-4352-40D9-8F1B-A2CB83CC7B9D.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 13
  • BCEBBF32-3785-4BC6-85F9-11218D8E1F2D.jpeg
    BCEBBF32-3785-4BC6-85F9-11218D8E1F2D.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 1224D766-5EC6-461E-B466-397A2A005DAF.jpeg
    1224D766-5EC6-461E-B466-397A2A005DAF.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 13
This is the production version, I don’t think John will mind me showing this as it’s already been shown somewhat on Pinside.

Gorgeous craftsmanship and an absolute must in my opinion, as it removes the bad stern design that’s certainly going to damage balls.
That's a much better thing for your balls to clang into than what Stern produced 😉

What's it like removing the sticker from the original part, assuming a bit of heat with a hairdryer would help ?

A vid of the install and first impressions of the eat the ball mod

Edit. I'm just posting the video, I have no interest in the mod or jaws

Last edited:
Wouldnt it have been better if it swallowed the ball and then spat it back out again so that play wasnt changed, would have thought the mech would have been easier as well not needing the subway, etc.

Also is that "snorkel" for the rear VUK 3d Printed? Wonder how long that will last before it has a nice hole in the top of it and starts to do a Thunderbirds move.

It's probs a compromise so the premium can too have it
Does anyone know how,much this is gonna cost £s
US$474.99

Do we need to hold off on ordering these sets untill this is released?
Nope I’ve spoke to John and all is good to discuss. So order away on the precision discs. I would highly recommend getting the full kit though after having them in hand for a week or so, the craftsmanship is stunning plus John is a super nice guy so well worth supporting him.

If you have the Prem/LE get the orca wheel disc/spinner too, it doesn’t have the machined raised mount underneath as there is no weight on the wheel disc but again it’s a huge improvement over Sterns and a lot more gentle on your balls ;)

I am making movie replica replacements for the flat plastics, both Quints Reel and the Orca Wheel are currently at the manufacture, hoping to have the production prototypes back by this Friday.

No parts are FDM 3D printed, both the Reel and Wheel will be made from a mixture of the materials, Davey has used for his Tokyo Neon sign, my Deadpool Hellhouse Sign and my Wireless DB5 Bond Shooter.

The Quint Reel, will remove all the exposed screws shown on the plastic, it also saves you having to drill out or file off your rivets to remove the factory plastic from Sterns disc to use on Johns. It will also remove the weighted post as the Reel handle is weighted to replace it and add further realism/movie accuracy to the part.

The Orca Wheel is again movie accurate will remove all visible screws. I’ve added the test Wheel below as I am happy to show that currently as the production material will be the only change, paint applications will stay the same.

They have been designed in collaboration with John to specifically fit his discs and improve the visual aesthetics while keeping the improved performance of Johns work.

Attachments

• D4B1336B-22B7-489A-84E0-8F906AF33E1F.jpeg
    D4B1336B-22B7-489A-84E0-8F906AF33E1F.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 4
  • 8A5BC5FB-44F4-41D0-86D3-886CB613DED8.jpeg
    8A5BC5FB-44F4-41D0-86D3-886CB613DED8.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 4
Epic work as usual ! Count me in for a set!!

I haven’t placed order yet with John but plan to by the end of the week, so if anyone else wants a set please drop me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom