What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted ISO Colour DMD for Godzilla (SEGA)

simonclarke

Registered
Hi everyone,
Can anyone point me in the direction of the best place to buy a colour DMD for my Godzilla pinball machine? And whether LCD/LED is better?

yeah agrre with astyy, pin2dmd are good, dont know if someone has done godzilla yet though. I do have 4 pin2dmds

But you asked about colordmd so answered that :)

yeah agrre with astyy, pin2dmd are good, dont know if someone has done godzilla yet though. I do have 4 pin2dmds

But you asked about colordmd so answered that :)
how does pin2dmd actually work? I understand colour dmd is just a replacement and download update.

how does pin2dmd actually work? I understand colour dmd is just a replacement and download update.
pin2dmd is a community wide project, so either self build from the published spec (tricky) or buy a pre-built one from somewhere, unfortunately you've missed the group buys on here but members may have spares if you ask. Once hardware procured either self colour or apply a community colour file where available which is just a file on the SD card. Malenko does good colouring so it will be cool :thumbs:

pin2dmd is a community wide project, so either self build from the published spec (tricky) or buy a pre-built one from somewhere, unfortunately you've missed the group buys on here but members may have spares if you ask. Once hardware procured either self colour or apply a community colour file where available which is just a file on the SD card. Malenko does good colouring so it will be cool :thumbs:
What's the price of a Pin2dmd system?

just reread Astyys post and he says Godzilla has been produced by Malenko so all good on both fronts. Colordmd is a about twice the price of a pin2dmd solution so depends whether you rate colordmds product twice as much as pin2dmds (i dont)

I have both pin2dmd and colordmd on the shelf here at the moment.

If you want a plug and play quick and easy install that always work - go for colordmd.

If you do not mind messing about, downloading files and allowing for little 'niggles' with the colourising and saving some money, pin2dmd is worth it.

On top of the price of the pin2dmd you have to pay for a license (if it doesnt come pre registered) as well as paying extra for any colur files from the author. These work out about £10 and £25 respectfully. All the colordmd files are free.

Back
Top Bottom