What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is It Worth It?

Calimori

Staff member
Alias
Calimori
In a hope to get space for more pinball machines, I started re-doing the kitchen. Over the last month I have stripped the kitchen down, replaced the dodgy ceiling and over the last week I have done the plumbing, an electrician has been, a plaster has done all the walls and ceiling and I have prepted the room for painting which started to day.
In the last 7 days, I have done two days work for the company and then enough hours for 7 days of work in the kitchen. My fingers are bleeding in so many places yet tomorrow I have to paint the second base coat before buying paint for the final coat. The new units arrive on Friday but I have help fitting them, then Saturday is tiling and start on the floor. I hope by next Sunday or Monday to have TAF in it's new home before collapsing in a heap.
Is it worth it?

Yes. :D

This brings back painful memories of when I did our kitchen a few years ago. Hang in there dude, it's gonna be worth it.....especially when you can start hunting for pin number 2 to fill up some of that space you've made :)

I'd be tempted to just move house Geoff. Sounds like less effort! Pics when you're done though. Sounds like it will be proper nice.

This is because I can't move at the moment. I decided to give up the salaried job for the life of a director of my own limited company of one. I didn't know it would mean I can't get a mortgage for a few more years. :frusty:

There won't be any money for a new machine unless a project comes up, there is still a plan to have a wedding next year. But a few offers of loan machines will hopefully keep me occupied. Still, I can't keep dreaming, I need to get back in there and do the next coat of paint. 🎻

So the question was "Is it worth it?"

I did this to keep the Missus happy:

DSC03204-1.jpg

And did this to keep me happy:

DSC03202-1.jpg

Now I need to sort out somewhere to solder and put things when I take stuff apart.

TAF is going to get a rebuild in a few areas so I hope it wont feel unloved. It does however feel very tired compared to Creech so there is some work to be done on slingshots and so on, now I can get really stuck in know I still have a game to play.

Sweet, great work there Geoff. And that comes from a kitchen fitter.
The two pins look awesome together, both are in my top five, great choice.
You need to make a wedge table that will fit on top of one of your pins. All it is, is a piece of board 18-25mm thick say 600mm x 800mm with a 100mm piece on one side and nothing on the other once rested on top of your machine the edge with no wood goes to the translight end and the wood rests on the lockdown bar this will make you working table roughly level once installed. Hopefully this will give you what you need for soldering and stuff.
Not very well explained but I am sure you will get the idea. Plus it will hide away when not in use.
D.

Is that a dreads light mod on Creech ?

ive noticed mine is very dark up the top and was thinking of doing the pop bumper mod but yours looks well lit.

is there much to installing it ?

That is a Dread lighting mod and it does add a lot of colour to the top. It came with it fitted but is a very easy and simple fix as it comes with connectors to take the power source from inside the back box. Certainly worth doing.

I have the parts to do the pop bumper mod when I am shop Creech but I am waiting on some hot pink posts. :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom