What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone's collection done/finished/complete ?

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
OK - so has anyone finally settled on a lineup of pins that they are totally happy with, never gone change ?

Does it ever happen ?

I'm guessing for most of us space forces the issue because there are probably just too many games we would happily keep forever, and yet it's great having fresh machines to play.

Aaaaaaagh. Barring a massive lottery win I guess it will always be the painful side of pin collecting ...what stays, what goes ??

Seems harder too in the current market where some titles are gonna be really tough to find again if you so desired.

Can you tell I'm facing decision time again ? ;):rolleyes::(

*Of course this question doesn't apply to @Will :rofl:

I can't see me ever having a settled line up unless a change in circumstances dictates that. Problem is I've now got loads of weird and reasonably rare games that I love that I can't sell to make space because I'd never find another one :rolleyes:

I'm resigned in the short term to having those games in storage and then try and rotate the ones at home, hoping I don't buy another rare one that turns out to be awesome and means I don't want to sell it....I'm looking at you Torpedo Alley :mad:

Don't make the mistake that I did and have a load of very nice, desirable games that you never play because you have had them years. Almost jacked in the hobby because of it.
Having a great time these days by trying new games.

i think mine is pretty much complete now. i've had 65 through my hands over the last 8 years, about 55 different titles, and got up to a maximum herd size of 25 recently, am now thinning it back to my favourite 12-15 or so that i'll keep, and play the rest at shows and league meets and friends' houses. i think i've played most of the games out there now, apart from a few, and have learned what i like and what i don't really like: i like DMD games that have the potential to be long, especially if they have exponential scoring and deep rules ..... preferably lots of humour and ideally more than just the two flippers though that's not essential.

i get most fun nowadays from the social side and from learning new stuff like fixes i haven't done before. i'm still a crap player and can't really justify having a whole roomful *and* a lockup full of games that seldom get played, just gathering dust - am far happier about the ones i have out on loan, as at least they are getting played. it's just me at home who plays them, and i really don't need more than a handful, so even cutting back to 12 or even 8 or 6 or 4 isn't a silly idea, if it wasn't for the pangs we all get when fun games leave and we wonder if we'll ever have them again.

Last edited:
LOL, I keep thinking I'm done and I've done everything I can to the machines. But I haven't. I still find new machines and lots of stuff to do. "Herd" of 16 now, including one full restore of TOM (which was working fine). I've chopped and changed and upgraded quite bit and have a nice collection of quality machines. I'm not the best player, but I just love to look after them and upgrade them as I can.

Also, recently I started becoming light sensitive and having migraines through it. However, thank god, I don't get it from Pinballs, just flourescents and screens, still not great but I'd have been devastated had my machines set me off.

"Also, recently I started becoming light sensitive and having migraines through it"

I'd get the occasional welding arc that would set a migraine off with me, Classic Migraine > tunnel vision, after vision, sickness and head in a vice. Not nice and scary as fcuk when you get the first one, "I'm gonna die, WTF is going on!"

Regarding the collecting there's 3-4 I want and those I may well have to wait until I can afford / they become more affordable to me. Then I "think" that will be that. I have 3-4 that I don't think I'll ever part with so I'm half way there anyway...

I have a really bad case of actually believing myself when I say the words......

'Just one more'.......
'Just one more'........
'Just one more'........

Really?

Who am I kidding:rolleyes:

No. all your pinballs are belonging to us.!??!!?..!!

Also, recently I started becoming light sensitive and having migraines through it. However, thank god, I don't get it from Pinballs, just flourescents and screens, still not great but I'd have been devastated had my machines set me off.

"Also, recently I started becoming light sensitive and having migraines through it"

I'd get the occasional welding arc that would set a migraine off with me, Classic Migraine > tunnel vision, after vision, sickness and head in a vice. Not nice and scary as fcuk when you get the first one, "I'm gonna die, WTF is going on!"

Regarding the collecting there's 3-4 I want and those I may well have to wait until I can afford / they become more affordable to me. Then I "think" that will be that. I have 3-4 that I don't think I'll ever part with so I'm half way there anyway...

You should get this checked out properly guys. a friend of mine became light sensitive turned out he had some foreign object in his eye, they removed it and he was fine.

You should get this checked out properly guys. a friend of mine became light sensitive turned out he had some foreign object in his eye, they removed it and he was fine.

Well, I have had steel on the surface of my eyeballs a few times due to me being damn clumsy with a grinder so you might be right there. I was told I would always have a rust stain on the left eye due to steel.. I put the migraine down to it being inherent as my dad got them too.

Thanks Neil!

My wishlist is actually at the lowest I can ever remember it. Only 2 machines I'm after, and would be happy to have them on a short term loan/swap basis. They are GoT and Woz. If anybody wants to assist?

Saying that, there's always a new release just round the corner ;-)

Yeah I'm the same, wishlist is almost complete, not so bothered about buying many more. Just happy to rotate the ones I have.

But yeah there's always new releases, quite interested in Star Wars, but content to wait until the code is proven to be good.

Also tempted to try pre-dmd machines, but not convinced they will hold my interest for long with the limited gameplay.

Much shorter list these days... had a fair amount, bought a couple back again and the rest happy to have got through my system and moved on. Lucky that I have mates nearby with great collections to stop me wanting those titles.

Got 12 left to hunt out, then it's probably only looking at new releases... and I mean looking, as unlikely I can afford to buy any.

I have the space, more than enough space. Just need to find £20-30K to spare on 3 or 4 pinball machines and I'm done. Need a TOM, Paragon, Fishtails, Funhouse, The Walking Dead, Metallica Premium.....ok wait, I see the problem....

No collection will ever be complete.

Mine was complete for 17 years. With just a TAF. Best game of all time.

Then I moved house. Had more space so I bought a TZ. Then it was complete. TAF with botox, fake boobs and a spray tan.

I have subsequently bought a dozen or so more.

You can always justify one more. Every one is unique. They all add something. They are all special.

I set myself a limit of 14 due to the physical constraints of the room I had spare in our offices. I now have 16, one in the accountants office and one being restored.

With that in mind I was pretty choosy about which pins I wanted in there and spent a lot of time hunting them down -- something I couldn't have achieved without this site, Pinball owners etc.

On the flip side, there's not a machine I'm really chasing at the moment. At the moment.. but I still think it's work in progress!

I have 4 and room for one more. Squeeze an extra in but that'll certainly put the pinball skates to good use when i need to slide the glass out. I'm happy with what I have and there is 2 I'm watching out for but you have to be quick on here at the moment as if it's a popular title it's gone in minutes not days.
On the light sensitive issue..... Janet my partner has real bad problems with it. So much that she wears shades on a cloudy day. Tesco is a nightmare it's that bright in there. Nothing can be done either so we just adapt really.
On our holls in May we got some keys cut and she was trying she thought sunglasses on in the shop. Told me they were the best ones she's ever tried. Blocked out all the glare.
I told her they are welders glasses.....:rofl:..
Best 3 euros she's ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom